Who Will This Weekends Euro Champs?

Nick McKinless

Who do you think will win this years European Grip Championships?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this years European Grip Championships?

• Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)
    • Martin Arildsson (Sweden)
    • Dean Bolt (Wales)
    • Erik Franz (Germany)
    • Steve Gardener (England)
    • David Horne (England)
    • David Hurzeler (Switzerland)
    • Florian Kellersmann (Germany)
    • Kalle Lane (Sweden)
    • Jonas Svaren (Sweden)
    • Benny Wennberg (Sweden

David Horne all the way. No way is he going out with anything less than a win. Best of luck to all the competitors. I can't wait to hear the reports and see the pics.

Changed my mind from Benny to David, but rooting for Steve.

Cheers. I'm doing my last full grip training session tonight and will be doing partial deadlifts tomorrow. Then I rest up until Saturday with just some short (20 min) stretching and self administered massage etc sessions Wed, Thur and Fri.

I do think that the front runners: Benny and David, are certs for 1st and 2nd but injuries might change that and I have a fair chance for 3rd or 4th in a very good field.

When the UK comp was over I compared, at that time, the numbers the Swedes had posted and had my self then in 3rd place. However, all joking aside, there are several lads (inc The Swiss) and myself that are very close. Some will be nervous and others buzzing. We may make bad choices, tear skin and more. I am sure that they will all agree that the better the base day to day grip strength the better we will all perform no matter what.

I'm hoping for the following now.

Grippers - as predicted

One hand lift - L: 240k R: 260k

Two Hand Pinch - just short of 90 k (86-87)

C/Bar - 260 (this varies so much for me that it may only be 240 or it might be higher than 260. If I can equal my personal best of 257.5k I'll be happy).

V Bar - L: 130+ k and R 136+ k

I am sure the big boys can equal most of these but have one or two better lifts to tip them in 2nd and 1st.

I voted for David, but I think it is 60/40 between him and Benny. Of course (and this is what is great about these comps) someone may always come up on the outside and suprise everyone. Mob is probably my bet for 3rd, although there are many unknowns.

Good luck to everyone competing!

Johan vill take third, Jonas fourth with Steve in fifth. The winner? Benny Wennberg.

I think it's hard to tell.

-pinch can be a surprise as most of us haven't trained on the implement

- VB: if it's like for me (very irregular) anything can happen

- bending will probably be hard after the other events. we will be more tired than we think, IMO.

Mikael, like me you have changed you mind as at one time you picked David to win. Your judgement is far greater than mine.

Well it is largely guesswork. I know David has one "weakness", which is crushing strength as measured with grippers. Benny has done three of the five events in competition and showed world class in all three. If his one hand lift and bending is world class as well then he will win as a result of the initial expected domination in the gripper event. David will have to rely on Benny showing weakness in at least one of the final two events.

Good luck to all the competitors. This is shaping up to be one of the more competitive contests in recent memory.

As to who will win, it depends largely on how everyone feels on game day. Whoever shows up with their A game will be in the top 3

When the UK comp was over I compared, at that time, the numbers the Swedes had posted and had my self then in 3rd place.

So did I and you would have been beaten by Johan Albrektsson (as well as by David H. and Jim W.).

Grippers

Mobster 6.00-102.6p

Johan 6.19-105.8p

Pinch

Mobster 81.8k-95.3p

Johan 81k-94.4p

V-bar

Mobster 264.9k-98.9p

Johan 272.5k-101.8p

One hand lift

Mobster 432.4k-93.5p

Johan 450k-97.3p

Total

Mobster - 390.3p

Johan - 399.3p

Bending could not be compared as a result of different stock used but Johan's PR with CRS is higher than yours. Gripper results gave slightly higher results in the LGC due to slightly different rules but this was compensated for by different equippment in the one hand lift resulting in a distinct disadvantage for the competitors in the LGC (an RT loading pin was used which does not give as good pulling position as a bar).

It will be close between the two of you but Johan is, as far as we know from competition results, stronger than you.

Thank you to all who are supporting me.

This will be an extremely hard contest to win, and in fact although Benny and I are looked upon as favourites it would not be impossible for a few other guys to come up on the outside and win. But I am happy with the strength levels I have right now so there will be no excuses. Only time will tell, and as Clay says I will have to be on my A game!

It's so close now I can taste it! :mosher

David