Another Grip Day At The Walker's

BJones

Nothing new to some of the Gripboard - but I had the chance to train at Rick Walker's house with SHRUG, Rick and Big Steve there as a motivator!!

Rick is great guy and it was a pleasure to meet his family and train - then share some beer, wings and then more training.

It is scary what starts being done when a few intense gripsters get together.

Shrug and I did some bending - Then some pinching - then some stones - details are in my training log but it was just a lot of fun!

Thanks Rick

Brett

Yes, good times all around!

Brett is a crazy bender. You see him, you think, how can this little dude bend?? Then you get a look at his forearms and wrist strength, and you know! He put down 4 reds.....and the more he did, the stronger he got! For a dude with little hands, his pinch is coming along. He couldnt get 5-10s, but he got 4-10s and a 5 and 5-10s with a pipe.

He also handled a 257 round stone with ease...impressive considering his weight of a buck 80.

To top it off, Brett is a fist class guy. Very humble, very strong.

Shrug. What can you say?? The guy can bend. He took after a 4.75" red....it was so short it was funny. Not to be, but he will get a 5" soon. He then bent some FBB stock, and a bunch of other stuff. Steel was flying everywhere.

To show he isnt just a one trick pony, shrug pinched everything is site. And this was after bending everything I had! :laugh Shug gave me a nice husefell(spl?) type stone shaped like a shield and nice and heavy. Great training tool for the core.

Having Big Steve around is like taking shots of adrenaline. His words of encouragement are awesome!!!!!! And, the big man is getting BUFF! His traps were standing up like a couple of whistle pigs on his back! Scary stuff from such an OLD MAN! :laugh

That is what this is all about. Good friends, good feats, talking smack, good heavy music, good heavy weights! Then, wings, beer, cheeseburgers, and more smack talking. I was seriously thinking about getting out of this...but the guys you meet with this stuff make it worth the while. You cant put words to the friendships. When and IF I ever have another contest, this will be what it will be like. A handfull of guys, no bullshit, and a lot of fun!

Thanks again guys..cant wait to do it again next week.

Rick Walker :rock

It was a trip!

A lot of Prs went down thats for sure.

Rick pinch and thick bar has improved crazy like.

Shrug freaked out and did a 6.5 pink. Hurt just watching it.

Brett you are a rock lifting fool. And can out eat me! WOW. That was the best feat of the day.

Thanks Walkers for all of your kindness.

Great Day had by all!

Ahhh yes.

Thanks to David Horne, I had another training session today and didnt miss a beat. :happy

Thanks David! It works GREAT!

Glad it worked.

I'll be doing quite a bit of it tomorrow when hopefully Nick and Smitty are here.

David

Had an awesome time, can't wait to do it again next week. I am shifting my focus toward strongman now fellas so watch out. :D

Very motivational report!

As usual, wish I could've been there!

Had an awesome time, can't wait to do it again next week. I am shifting my focus toward strongman now fellas so watch out.

Cool. What do you mean by 'watch out?'

-Jedd-

Edited by Jedd Johnson

Glad it worked.

I'll be doing quite a bit of it tomorrow when hopefully Nick and Smitty are here.

David

What? I wanna know!!

sounds like good times at rick's.

shrug...2 weeks ago you were attacking the #4...then a 5" red...now strongman....pick one already will ya man :stuart

sounds like good times at rick's.

shrug...2 weeks ago you were attacking the #4...then a 5" red...now strongman....pick one already will ya man :stuart

I doubt Shrug needs to focus on one discipline at a time like most of us.

He can handle it all at the same time. :blink

QUOTE (davidhorne @ Aug 7 2004, 06:54 PM)

Glad it worked.

David 

What? I wanna know!!

Check your PM's in a minute, brutha!

-Jedd-

Isn't Smitty going over to England on business?

Business yes.

Bill...what rule are you breaking by taking this post off topic... :whistel:whistel:trout

:)

It has come to my attention that there is a flury of board activity and pms floating around, wondering what the BIG SECRET is between me and David Horne.

What I dont understand is, if you really wanted to know, why the hell didnt you PM me??? I guess its cause I bite....

At any rate...I am going to let you all in on the secret. :ohmy

Ready.......

Here it comes.....

WEAR WORK GLOVES WHEN YOU PINCH IN ORDER TO NOT ONLY SAVE THE WEBBING AND ALLOW FOR DAILY PINCH SESSIONS, BUT TO ALSO MAKE THE SESSIONS THAT MUCH HARDER!

There it is...in all its glory.

Sorry if it was a let down. ;)

That is a good tip! Nick McKinless told me the same thing and it has helped.

If these are "private messages" how are they getting to you? :whistel

PS - Just bustin your balls :)

Edited by ClayEdgin

If these are "private messages" how are they getting to you?

I see everything that happens on this board....

Dont you know that?

:trout