Bending Injury Poll

Clay Edgin

What style of bending have you experienced the most pain/injuries with?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What style of bending have you experienced the most pain/injuries with?

• Double overhand (push/fold style)
    • Double overhand (non-folding)
    • Hands at waist
    • Reverse grip (aka old terminator style)
    • Underhand

I voted for the first one which is, I think, the style that I use (as per the image of David Horne in my gallery). I've just finished a Pinch, v bar and c/bar bending workout and phew do I get the pain in the usual spot. Not as bad as before mind and I can only train bending every other day.

Since building up on the sledge and switching to double underhand I have only had non-bending related wrist injuries. When I started out Slim style with little to no sledge levering I got tendonitis pretty quickly.

No injuries aside from mild bruising when i first started. Of course it took me two years of training to bend a Grade 5 bolt, so i don't tend to "push the envelope".

Old Terminator Style - severe tendonitis - due to excessive bending and no rehab

Double Underhand - slight bruising on pinky finger - excessive pressure of rotator cuff

Double Overhand - non-folding - not too bad, still working on form

Double underhand just kills my wrists. I kinked my first 60d with a double underhand and my wrist wasn't right for about a month. I didn't/don't use it too often after that

Terminator style I tore a bunch of skin off my palms and strained tendons in my right elbow and right hand.

I got this doing the newbie thing of bending too hard to often. Since switching to 2 sessions a week i've had no problems.

Also after tearing a couple of cloths in the crushdown and having nails pierce my hands i've started using a bit of leather inside the towel.