Jedd Johnson Certification

Bill Piche

I've added a new "seal" you'll have to remove from the handles. :) It should be easy to remove though. I'll be doing this on every gripper that goes out providing I have the stuff to do it.

Looking forward to hearing about this being utterly crushed tonight.

Crush that mofo down, Jedd!! Put a hurtin' on it!! :happy:bow

It's there. Well be doing it tomorrow night.

No light screw-ups this time.

-Jedd-

Tomorrow night had come and gone. What were the results?

C'mon Jedd, knock off the suspense. How many reps did you get? :rock

My apologies for not getting back to you all last night. I got home very late and had to be to work very early.

I could not get it closed this time. It is a solid gripper, but I would say it is a perfect jump from level 2 to level 3.

The close is pretty tough, but I have no excuse for not closing it.

I will be posting video of the attempts soon.

I can't wait to get another shot at that gripper. When is the next sign-up session?

Thanks for the support guys.

-Jedd-

Even though I wasn't witness to your attempt, Jedd, I'll go out on a limb (a very short limb) and extend to you a "nice try". :D

Next time, buddy! :rock

Nice shot and nice attitude Jedd, getting right back on it. No shame involved.....stout gripper. You'll get it next time.

Good attempt Jedd!

There is no doubt in my mind that you will close it next go round. :mosher

Rick Walker :rock

You'll get that thing next time around man. Good squeezin!

The MMG3 is definitely World Class level in my opinion. There probably aren't too many out there period, who could close it. That includes everyone in the strength world.

It won't be long after the gripper returns before another session opens.

Here's the video of my attempts.

-Jedd-

Right Click and Save Please

MM3 Cert

Nice video Jedd! I'm sure you'll dominate it the next time!

I'm sure you'll get it next time Jedd!

A question though - if those attempts had been sucessful, would those videos be acceptable? On none of the attempts was the set depth clear.

Having bought what feels to me to be an exact replica of the MM3 from Razorman, I feel I have the equipment to train for the next go-around.

Thanks Guys -

-Jedd-

That shit dont count!

Smitty folded the box.... :yikes

That was perhaps the funniest video I have seen to date. Who starts the lawn mower for a gag? Ah shit.

Good show. Damn close Jedd.

Rick Walker :rock

A question though - if those attempts had been sucessful, would those videos be acceptable? On none of the attempts was the set depth clear.

There's a few problems here. First, we'll assume the raw footage shows the box opening and then handing him the gripper.

Second, the sets were not seen or clear enough.

To say you could get a clear picture of the handles touching would be a stretch IMO.

IMO, these attempts would not have passed. It would have gone to the judges though as I don't get a vote in these things.

I thought you guys were going to fix the lighting problem? :)

Great attempts Jedd. That gripper ain't no joke. World class crushes man.

Smitty, next time you fold a box, make sure you wrap it in leather. :)

I agree Clay.

Definitely, anyone who closes the MMG3 is a world class crusher.

No doubt in my mind anyway....

• Like 1

There's a few problems here. First, we'll assume the raw footage shows the box opening and then handing him the gripper.

To say you could get a clear picture of the handles touching would be a stretch IMO.

IMO, these attempts would not have passed. It would have gone to the judges though as I don't get a vote in these things.

I thought you guys were going to fix the lighting problem? 

Thanks for the clarification Bill. And for taking it in the spirit that it was meant!

Bill, we got it covered, bro.

It was. I missed three times. You guys wanna sit through a video o fthreee straight misses or you wanna see some editing to get it over with?

Hell no, they weren't clear - ON THAT CAMERA. Eli always runs another camera to get the set. I.E., the MM1 video. Two angles. One gets the whole process except for the set, the other gets the set and whatever else it can.

Again, Only on this camera.

Agreed. They would have not passed because the gripper's handles didn't close. That is first and foremost. If I had touched the handles on it, I wouldn't have cut anything up.

I thought you guys were going to fix the lighting problem?
We did. We went outside. If you are saying it's tough to see detail in the close, remember two things. First off the video started at 20 megs. I reduced it to 5 which kills the quality, plus, I cropped the pictures and enlarged them with the gripper in the center of the shot. Enlarging a picture to magnify will actually turn small details into squares, killing quality.

What other lighting issues are there? I did not pick any up?

Thanks for the clarification Bill. And for taking it in the spirit that it was meant!

Mac - By mentioning "spirit that it was meant" are you saying, I didn't take this gripper seriously, man? Come on now.

-Jedd-