New Elites

FbaLLPlaya_53

I just got my elite a few days ago, I'm really pleased with it. I can close my GM now and get my elite down to 1/2, seems right in between the 3 and 4. Anyways does anyone own a new elite and how does it rate compared to your 3 and 4. Thanks.

I got mine around this past christmas. At the time, being a beginner,

it seemed the same as my #4 - barely budgeable. Now I would rate it about

a 3.5 also.

T!

I would rate mine slightly more towards the #3.

About 3.3 to 3.4.

Robert- Is that one of the older ones? I remember that the elites were as strong as 3's for a while.

I have one around a 3.4-3.5, and another probably 3.6-3.7.

I have an older elite (it has one handle stamped, not sure if the newer ones are dbl stamped). Its harder than my #3, but I can close it on a good day so not much harder. I just bought a new #3 thats probably in the same range as my elite. Most of the time, after a few squeezes, the 3's, elite, MM1 and such all feel the same to me. My MM2 replica is identical dimension wise to my old elite, but feels tougher.

Edited by maidenfan

Like I said, I think Warren changed up his measurement system. Old elites aren't necessarily the same as the newer ones.

Related to the MM2, my easy one is right about an MM2, and my hard one is a little harder.

The SuperElite I used to have is a little harder than most #4's I have tried. Traded it to Tommy H. who said it was rather hard. I think that was part of the old system, and now super elites are a little easoer? I forget.

Like I said, I think Warren changed up his measurement system. Old elites aren't necessarily the same as the newer ones.

Related to the MM2, my easy one is right about an MM2, and my hard one is a little harder.

The SuperElite I used to have is a little harder than most #4's I have tried. Traded it to Tommy H. who said it was rather hard. I think that was part of the old system, and now super elites are a little easoer? I forget.

You are correct, I just got a new SE and its hard, but not near as hard as a #4. Warren mentioned in his letter to me regarding certifying on the SE when the guys' hand strength gets there. A no set SE would take some strength!

I have a new SE(Dec 03) and it's almost as hard as my #4. It's easier to set but once you hit the last 1/2 inch it feels just like the #4. Gotta love gripper variance :D

I have a new SE(Dec 03) and it's almost as hard as my #4. It's easier to set but once you hit the last 1/2 inch it feels just like the #4. Gotta love gripper variance :D

Funny, I found this to be true with the new Tetting grippers I just got. Out of the box, the initial sweep seemed very easy (like they were well seasoned), but just as hard at the end. Maybe because of his one hand only cert they're made this way? All of the IM grippers I've got were very stiff new, then eventually loosened up a bit.

If the new Elite's are harder, are the new GM's harder than most #3's?

• 4 weeks later...