Steel Slaughter

SHRUG

Had a great day of bending today, trained with Brett Jones while Big Steve ran the camera. I warmed up with 2 60D's and then a grade 5 bolt. I then went straight to a 5" RED nail, this was a mistake as I was not properly warmed up. I put a decent kink in the 5" RED but had I warmed up better I really think that it would have fallen today, the initial kink was easy. I will destroy the 5" RED very soon, the worst part about the bend is that I am not used to the 5" length. I then did a official piece of Fat Bastard 5/16"X7" stock, this fell easy and felt slightly easier than the PINK nails I have been bending, by the way I found more pink stock. After the piece of Fat Bastard 5/16"X7" stock I went to a piece of 5/16"X6" Fat Bastard stock and got it very very close to a full bend, I know I would have gotton it had I not already expended so much energy, it will fall next time I bend no problem. I then went to my 5/16"X7" PINK nail stock, I did 3 of these in a row. After the PINK nails I went to the new dark colored IM RED nail stock that is harder and feels like the old dark colored IM RED nail stock, I bent 5 of these in a row. After that I bent a big 8" spike that Big Steve brought with him, then I did a 5/16"X6" grade 2 bolt that Brett gave me, and finally I finished up with a 6" TT spike that is slightly thicker than RED nail stock. I still had more left in me but we called it a day and went for pizza. Brett is gonna post details about what he bent today later.

The 5/16" Grade 2 felt like a 60D to me, no Steve did not do any bending today.

Congrats on the FBB bend!! Sounds like an amazing session, nice to bend another piece of 'certifiable' stock :rock

It was a great day of bending - always great to see Big Steve and James - but there was steel to be bent!

So today:

60dx 3, G5 x 1, 5/16Grade 2 x 1, 7" FatBastard 5/16 x 0, 6" RED x kink,

7"RED x 1, 6.5" RED x 1, 6.75 RED x 1, 7" RED x 1, 7" RED x 1,

Grade 8 x 2, 5.5"Grade 5 x 2, 5/16 Grade 2 x 1, 8" TT Spike x 1

The Grade 2 5/16 are a dissappointment - they feel like a 60d at best. But they do look cool bent. :D

A volume PR for REDs and just a lot of great bending. Wasn't warmed up and ready for the 6" RED - but it will fall soon.

James and I just kept trading bends - awesome to bend with an intense group and Big Steve has way of motivating you.

An awesome day.

Brett

Gentleman of the board it was a bad day for just about any kind of steel. Both of these Gents were crushing some nice steel. My hat is off to both of them. It was a joy watching them turn pretty shades of red. Brett is a Freak now that is for sure. Reds in a row. Bolts like a snack. Shrug is a beast. Smoked Fat Bastard 7 inch. Then almost got the 6 inch 5/16 to almost 90 degress. Rolled on the pinks which I tested at about 520 inch pounds. Over 100#s over the reds. This metal is very strong. It was an honor to watch two guys put their hearts out for the art of bending.

Great reports by all three of you maniacs! My Pink Bar arrived in the mail today. I'll enter the ring with this beast tomorrow. From the sounds of it, a ninety degree angle should do me proud. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that finds Beatty's stock super-duty tough. I've yet to get anything shorter than a 7" piece.

By the way, how much of an angle did you manage with the FBB bar, Brett?

I am humbled and honored to be named Freak by Big Steve!! :D

Thank you for the kind words.

Eric - the FBB 5/16 laughed at me - went for it first thing and should have warmed up better and been prepared for it. It will fall - soon.

A pink is in the future as well - :happy

"the art of bending" - Great discription.

Brett

I put the Pink in it's place. :D Perhaps I was really psyched for the bend, but it wasn't quite as tough as I expected. But it still took a near max effort. I'd say the Pink starts a bit tougher than the FBB stock, but finishes a bit easier. I compared the two stocks "side by side" in today's workout. Great steel, Shrug! Perhaps it will be your bridge material for the soon-to-be Iron Mind Black Nail???

Anyone take a go at a grade 5 5/16x7" yet?

Good work Eric, I dont think that the PINK will be my bridge steel for the IM BLACK nail though because I can bend the PINK for many REPS. Unless you know something I dont about the IM BLACK nail being a very short piece of steel or something, I am gonna have to find even harder steel. As far as the 5/16"X7" grade 5 I am gonna order some today or tomorrow and plan to take one down next firday. Get back to me about the black nail, what have you heard? Is it coming out soon and what is it gonna be? I am gonna certify on it as soon as I can.

Nice bending guys! Some big steel melted!

Those 5/16" grade 5's are T-U-F-F. Good luck.

Thanks for the encouragement, Guys!

I know absolutely nothing about Iron Mind's next nail. I've only heard that they will be making one available. Personally, I hope it's a real tough piece of 6" steel. Something maybe a bit tougher than the FBB stock cut to 6" should do the trick. That should make for a very short list of certifications.

Doing "reps" with that Pink Monster is quite impressive, Shrug!

Thanks Eric, I hope the new IM nail comes out soon. I am gonna certify right away, I hope to be the first on the list.

• 2 weeks later...