Im Red

JohnOBrien

I know this will get locked, but I'm so stoked I had to post it here. I just bent my first IM Red! :D Thanks to Clay for the tips on leather wraps and everyone else who has offered encouragement over the last few weeks as I've closed in on this goal!

P.S. I know Brett Kerby (KerbJr) and I'll get him to witness in the very near future (and get a video if possible as well).

Impressive :bow

Double overhand + leather wraps = a red massacre

Nice work John!

John, A HUGE and sincere congratulations!! I'ts been great to watch you progress, unfortunately the road never ends when you have a pair of bolt cutters :D

-Mike

Would love to be your witness, hopefully by next week you can witness me too....Good job Bro...Brett

Awesome work John! :rock For those of us who don't know, how long did it take you from the first day you bent to when you demolished the Red?

Congratulations, John! :rock I went to your website and discovered you're no puny, pencil-necked shrimp. And I'm jealous of your mastery of chemistry. I enjoyed that subject, but struggled my way through it.

Now go and certify. :D

Congrats John. Great bending. :rock

Brett

:bow

To your bending and your background.

Rick Walker :rock

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! I printed off my certification stuff in the office Friday and will be contacting Iron Mind on Monday. As to my background, I'm doing my best to prove that not all chemists wear lab coats and thick glasses and have a hard time lifting there backpacks. :D

Ben, I started bending seriously in late March (I had done a few bends before then, but pole barn nails were my limit). My IM bag came in early April and I could barely kink a yellow then. I've made a lot of progress relatively quickly and I owe a lot of that to what I've read (and seen) here on the board.

Thanks again everyone and I'm looking forward to certifying!

Congratulations on a huge milestone :bow I grew up in Moberly, MO so it's nice to see another Northern MO, guy on the board. A girl from Kirksville is actually in FHM this month.

:bow Wow!! Congrats!! :bow

Yes, congrats!! Throw up some pics... I'd like to see some of your handywork!! :bow