Poll For Underhand/reverse Style Bending

Mikael Siversson

What is your strongest bending style  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What is your strongest bending style

• Reverse grip/Old Terminator style
    • Double underhand
    • Other non-folding style

I curious about how many of you are using these bending styles.

I suck at bending, but I suck even worse when I use a technique other than dbl underhand.

I really suck at double underhand. Must do something about it, as it is embarrasing.

Double underhand, of course!

Any posts leading to arguments of specific styles will not be tolerated. The mod's have been told to "delete on sight" on posts of this nature. Thanks for your continued understanding of this stance.

I was always strongest using the old terminator style but stopped using it because of the difference in pressure I felt in my left wrists vs my right. I started getting uneven lockouts on the bench because my left wrist was fried and quit using it. I am working to get my double underhanded as strong as my double overhanded. This will take a long time since I have been working on my upper body for years and my wrists for 2 months...

Greg

I used Slim style when I started until I got up to the Yellow. Couldn't budge it. Tried double under and my bends went through the roof. I think double under is also more affected by sledge levering than other styles.

I was working double underhand for quite awhile and worked up to an easy G5 with that style. Then I saw Brett Jones take down the 6.5" red double overhand and switched over and am now just a few workouts away from the red. I still work double under occassionally, but I'm focused on the red right now.

I use DBL Underhand to get the nail started then goto reverse grip after i get a good kink

Big Steve style to get the initial kink, then over

to double overhand to get to crushdown point. :rock

Edited by bballdad

Im still stronger with the older terminator rev. grip style but I use the underhand style. My hands hurt for days when I use the rev. grip so Im going to stick with the double underhand. At first the difference was huge but the double underhand is climbing fast.

I love watching Dave Ostlund go after the nails with his style, which I suspect is the double underhand start or kink then the chest crush to finish. I like I his bend videos about the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Peterson calls my style the "banana peel"