Michigan Grip Champs Ii

Bob Lipinski

November 6, in Three Rivers, MI.

Before I start, there should be many unique grippers at this event. There will be an old Tetting Ironman gripper available to try. More details to come.....

Tentative Events:

1. Heavy Grips Grippers- Meet the Heavy Grips Challenge. Run through the heavy grips lineup. Other grippers will be used as tiebreakers. Rules are per Mash Monster, parallel set allowed.

2. Bending. Nails, bolts, and steel. Metal will be arranged in increasing order of difficulty. In case of tie, whoever bends the metal the most wins. Tie will be broken by quickest complete bend. Rules: Unbraced bending, padding provided at contest. Hand towels and cordura available. 2 minute time limit.

3. Fat Bastard Pinch Block, 2 hands. Lift to erect deadlift position.

4. 3" Bar double overhand deadlift. Max weight. 4 attempts, may go up or down. Convential style only, no hitching allowed.

5. Block weight hold for time. More details to follow.

In addition, an authentic york blob will be available. Anyone who lifts the blob, or in case of multiple successful lifts, whoever holds the blob erect for the longest time will take home $50 cash.

More details will follow.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna try to make it up there. Should be a fun time.

Looks good Bob! :mosher I like the different events.

Wish I could afford to make it over. Next time.

Rick Walker :rock

What's the time limit on that grip/strongman/beer challenge? I don't know if I'll want to try that one, 4 beers and then ten reps of clean and overhead...

Thanks guys!

Jeff, the challenge is timed- Fastest time wins!

You can do it! Good excuse to drink some beer in the meantime, build up your tolerance, and jump up a weightclass!

Uh oh, farmers walking with a tummy full of beer? Let's hope you guys are doing this one on grass!

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of beer will be used? Can we request Fairbeer?

I am planning on attending and possibly bringing along my brother as well. He is not involved in the grip game, but he is impressed with all of the work he sees me doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked it online and found out it's a 10+ hour drive from here. Damn. That definitely changes things a bit for me. Doesn't necessarily mean I won't go, just makes it a bit harder. I think it will be well worth it to go and meet up with everyone though.

I'm out...sister's wedding...Shoot!

• 1 month later...

Try your hand at the HG 400 and 500 at Bob's contest next weekend. Go after the $500 bounty.

-Jedd-