Gripboard Movie Gallery Update

Bill Piche

Mikael and Wanna,

Great ideas posting these. My dial-up modem just wasn't doin' the trick trying tto send them to everybody.

-Jedd-

Mikael and Wanna,

Great ideas posting these. My dial-up modem just wasn't doin' the trick trying tto send them to everybody.

-Jedd-

I converted them and then combined and compressed them. :rock

Converted, combined and compressed - BRILLIANT.

-Jedd-

Nice Job Mikael :rock ! How much was that? Pretty damn impressive! Mike

Nice Job Mikael :rock ! How much was that? Pretty damn impressive! Mike

The RT is 90k (198lbs), including loading pin+handle, whereas the v-bar is 140k (308lbs).

Nice lifts Mikael. Well done man.

Haven't seen the video but can I ask how long have you been practicing the v-bar lift Mikael? :rock

Jon@han

For almost two years.

Thanks, hopefully guys going to the Diesel Crew comp. could perhaps benefit from having a look at my v-bar technique, especially those with no or little previous experience with this lift. The RT technique is pretty straight forward, i.e., lift the weight with your legs, not by the back.

Mikael, the vbar lift is done so quickly that I really can't get much information in the way of technique out of it. Are there any other videos of vbar lifting online?

On our competition (Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge) is the judge lying on the floor very close tho the weight and check very carefully the lifting height against a 50 mm reference cube.

Edited by Arne

Great lifts :rock

Nice lifts! :rock

I was hopeing to see some bending and see your technique.

-HH

Dragging it up perhaps. Pay attention to the starting and finish angle of the hand/forearm, and the way I support my upper body. It was not ment as an instruction video though as Arne just documented some of my lifts. The v-bar lift is a quick one. You don't want to prolong it, trust me on that one. Some grab the bar from above, whereas I grab it from the side (horizontally) and then move my arm to a vertical position while maintaining the grip.