The Pink Nail

SHRUG

Did some bending today, warmed up with 2 60D's and then did a grade 5. Went to an official IM RED NAIL next and melted it very easy, then I tried some stock I found at my local hardware store that had no label but was 5/16" and the ends were painted pink. I had tried it a few days ago when I was still very tired from my last bending session but I thought hell, I never ever miss a RED so I decided to try it. Well I found out it was hard, very hard, very very hard, I put a decent kink in a piece but failed to get it, I knew I was tired but I was still felling really bad about myself. Well I rested from bending for two more days and I decided to do some bending today, Brett Jones came over and we had a good 2 hour bending session. Back to today's session, after I killed the IM RED easy I decided to go for a Pink nail, I wrapped it up and it went down after a short battle, took around a minute. I bent a few other things and then I decided to go for another PINK nail, I wrapped it up got my mind set and went for it, it went down in around the same time. These PINK nails are much much harder than a regular IM RED, I would rank them right around a 5.75" RED. I am basing this on two factors, 1: personal experience, and 2: Brett tried a 6" IM RED today and put a very good kink in it, he also tried a PINK nail and did not kink it nearly as much as the 6" RED and he tried the PINK nail before he tried the 6" RED. This is tough stuff it is not only way harder than a IM RED but it is way harder all around, it is super tought all the way through the bend but the initial kink is particularly brutal and the midway point just before the crush down is also killer. Like I said I managed 2 today and I think I may have had a 3rd one in me but I called it quits for the day. I am gonna buy as much of this stuff as I can find.

Fear the pink!!?? :D

Believe it - as SHRUG said the 6" RED I tried today went further than the 5/16" stock at 7" in length that SHRUG had - very tough bend - just fights all the way through - it doesn't ever feel like it "goes".

I did go through a 6.5" RED and a 6.75" RED.

Great to bend with SHRUG - great intensity!

Brett

I'd love to try some of this stuff if you've got an extra 7" piece laying around! Sounds like a good challenge.

Good Stuff Shrug and Brett !!! Awesome !!! :rock

Very impressive Shrug and Brett. What is your best bend with a red Shrug?

My best bend with a RED so far was right before I took my 6 month break, I fully bent a 5 and 7/8" RED two under 2" in about 1 minute, the most REDS I had bent in one session at that time was 3 in a row with no break, only time to wrap them. I am much stronger now though, I did some volume bending last week using stock that is quite a bit harder than a stock IM RED and I got 6 in a row with no breaks, only time to wrap the nail. I did a official IM RED today and it felt very easy, I feel confident that I could get 12-15 REDS in a row, I am gonna buy a box of official REDS and see how many I get, I know I will go over 10 easy.

Can you tell us who the supplier is for the Pink Nail? Brand name? Etc.?

And great workout guys! :rock

I wish I knew Eric, the stuff had no tag on it when I bought it. I hope I can get more next time I go to that store to buy steel.