My First Bend

Jeff Parker

I've been reading the bending posts for a while now and just got into bending the other day. I started by bending nails that were in my garage. After bending almost all the nails I had, I went to Home Depot and got some, I think they are called 60d timber ties. 6 inches long. They were a lot harder then the ones in my garage, but after practice and watching some video to see some different techniques I got to where I could bend them with ease. My IM bag o nails is coming soon and I can't wait. Bending Rocks! :rock:rock

Welcome aboard!

Nicely done! Those Timber Ties are just a little easier than a IM yellow. You're on your way!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just bought a 5 lb box of the timber ties and I can't put them down, the box is going to be gone by next week!

Go for the 30lb box. You'll go through them ;)

I wanted to but it was 30 bucks, I don't have that kind of cash because I bought the bag of nails from IM. That sunk my funds for a while. Maybe after my next paycheck.

Congrats man, it took me a while to bend timber ties, thats an awesome start. What style do you use to bend? And do you own any other stock?l 1/4" round rod from hardware stores is good, home depot tends to have good prices. also a 30lb up my way of tts is ~35 at home depot and 48 at lowes! shop around and have fun :rock

Welcome to a horrible horrible addiction ;)

Welcome to a world where your relatives think you have lost the plot and your girlfriend can't understand why you have 40 ft of steel rod in your bedroom and a pair of bolt cutters on the living room shelf.

Welcome to hours spent searching for the perfect in between stock to progress through to the Red.

Welcome to trying to explain to people who sell nails that you want something bigger and harder because the last nails you bought were too soft.

Welcome aboard.

On the subject of bending addiction . . . .I . . . .. I took the day off work today to find some bar of the right strength to progress further on.

And I found what I was looking for. :D ok. . . . .and I bought a pair of bolt cutters. :erm

Dave (self confessed bending addict)

Welcome Strong!

I confess also I cut down some nails and bolts today at work.

I'm a bending addict. :blush

I once picked up some bolts on my lunch hour and then snuck into the changerooms to bend one :whistel

I also use my down time at work to file the sharp bits of my cut nails

Z-man, I use a double overhand grip on the nail. Basically I imitated the best I could how Clay bent the red nail in the video. I haven't gotten any other stock yet cause I only have a part time job and then pick up landscaping work on the side to help my income. But no landscape work this weekend so I got no money! I think I'll get some stock later in the week. What kind would be the next step up from timber ties?