These Are Fully Bent Nails!

OldGuy

Yup!

The only nails I have like that are the ones I finished off by hammering them with my fist.

It's tough to get 'em that close with a chest crush.

-HH

The person who bent them uses a chest crush until the ends touch. They open back out to the position shown. Notice how tight the U end of the bend is. This I have not seen before.

I've done some nails like this. They look really cool when completely finished. I've got a red close to this, but not quite there yet.

Tommy likes too chest crush 'em this far too.

I remember one of the board members crushing 'em like this as well. He was actually able to make a chain the points were so close.

-HH

I love crushing them down like that. I think working nails in that ROM helps all the way through the crushdown, sort of like doing BTR on a gripper.

They do look cool! The guy who bends them can do it with bolts too. They just somehow come out with a perfect bend. :bow

They look folded to me... :D Just a joke don't everyone get bent out of shape.. (pun)

Sorry couldn't help it. Love the parallel look to those nails.

Greg

I can't tell what size nails those are. Whatever they are, its pretty cool.

Clay, you should make a red into a fish for your avatar :D

I can do nails like that. I put them in my hands after a chest crush and squeeze em like you would a gripper. I haven't had the ends touch mind.

For the hand crush I quite often use no cloth at all. I do, however, make sure the head of the nail is clear of the palm.

Very tight U bend no V at all in the bend

Old Guy,

The V and the U shape really have nothing at all to do with the way a person bends a nail. It has everything to do with how hard the nail is. If a very hard nail is bent, it tends to form a V. A softer nail tends to form a U. I have done a few of these over the past couple of years, and this is my experience.

That is what I think too, and yet everything he bends comes out that way. He tries to get nails from as many sources as possible. If I bend the very same stock as he, mine are always V shaped.

I bend like that. My crush consists of seating the ends in the grooves on the heels of the palm & lacing the fingers. Then you can fully crush. Sometimes it slips out, but you can get them pretty tight. Ive touched the ends of a grade 2 bolt, it springs back to about that.

Young'un has pics of his nail chain. Similar to this.

Check out his new thread where he scrolled some nails for his girlfriend.

-HH