Pr!

Meat Loaf

My best pr before this weedend was a 60d nail and a forever only-kinked g5. When i met up with Clay Edgin and Porkbone, they let me use the "pain-free" leather wraps and showed me better technique. I had been trying to bend with my hands way too close together. The minute after they repositioned my hands, i SMASHED the g5. I then wasted a 5.5" g5 and then a 5" g5. I bent a 7" by 1/4 crs square stock, a grade 5 thats between a normal g5 and a g8. I then proceeded to demolish lots of common bright 60ds and i said gimme the damn g8. I got a freaking grade 8 (!) to almost 90 degrees, just a little ways away from the crushdown position! That weekend i closed porkbone's easy 3 and mis semi-medium 3 with a moderate set. Cool!

Thanks, pork and clay!!!!

Praise God for the wonderful weekend!

MEAT

p.s. Red nail watch out bitch :flame

Very nice!

The grd 8 will fall any day. I've found 5" grd 5s to be as tough, if not tougher, than grd 8s.

Congrats Meat !!!!!! :rock

Thanks, guys for your support.

I tried to finish off my g8 this morning but it didnt go....just flexed. I was told its easier to finish them off when they are still nice and warm from the original kink anyway.

MEAT

and btw the 5" g5 was like more than 1/2" off center too

Edited by Meat Loaf

"pain-free" leather wraps

Hmm. I would guess that by pain-free you mean that you could push into the ends of the straight bar with all your might. I refuse to use anything other than my old thin, two-piece cloth with many holes in it. The folding brigade with their obsession for indestructable wrapping are turning bending into a f...ing joke. The worms are out of the bag and are reaching plague proportions. Time to standardise wrapping material making it impossible to push with maximum force into the ends of a straight bar.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Listen Mikael. My thumb, index and middle finger were on top of the bar. i don't know what you are complaining about but i dont want to poke holes in my palms, pal.

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

Listen Mikael. My thumb, index and middle finger were on top of the bar. i don't know what you are complaining about but i dont want to poke holes in my palms, pal.

MEAT

Listen Meat. Why not bend the bar instead of folding it. You were doing great (using wrist strength) until you were lured into the wrapping/pushing madness.

Mickeal, please don't stink up this thread like you have so many others with your FOLDING rant.

Awesome job Meat!!! U will kill that grd8 in no time. Then it is on to the RED!!

Mickeal, please don't stink up this thread like you have so many others with your FOLDING rant.

Your thoughtful and much appreciated input is respectfully ignored.

Next person to bring up folding verus bending...their posts go under moderation.

That would be a mistake as oppinions are very much divided on this rather important aspect of bending. I would obviously regard it as banning so if you want me to stop posting here just go ahead with your moderation threat.

Great job Meat! Those G8s are springy arn't they? Weird how the steel will just bite you back like that. From the lines on your palm I see a red in your future!

Meat Well done.

When i can bend/fold a grade 5 at 5" long i will be more than happy as well.

I am one of the WORMS who is not obseesed with competition bends and do it for fun,you might want to look at aload of the past bends done on the challenge bars etc with there one piece towel,lots of overhang and padding and start there as well,yet these have all been passed,elbows braced into the side etc,i have some of these on video,but since ERIC destroyed a RED useing the same method as the Holles use the TERM fold has been used.Lets go the whole hog and just use double overhand at the waste or arms straight out or even no cloth at all just bare hands then maybe you might be happy.

Does it not occur to you that alot of peopkle on here just bend for themselves and not for competitions/you or the board approval,the Holles are a fine example,are you going to say that they are not upto it because they do not compete,or seek yours other peoples or the gripboards approval.

1 cloth ,2 cloths,full padding,no padding i would put them up against anyone.

Like someone once said if its so easy,why dont you go and fold a grade 8 or red and show how easy it really is.

I bet this topic will end up locked like the others because of someones sour grapes as usual.

That would be a mistake as oppinions are very much divided on this rather important aspect of bending. I would obviously regard it as banning so if you want me to stop posting here just go ahead with your moderation threat.

I guess you ignored the poll results. 78% want it to stop out of those who voted. Hardly a "equal division".

You are the only one popping off continously on this subject. And, it is well past the "Getting Old" stage. You hijack other people's threads and downplay their accomplishments. We all know what you think. So, yeah, quit posting about it. It's your tone and method that sucks on this topic.