Adjustable Pinch Grip Apparatus

Brad

Not sure I understand how you're planning to do this. Can you elaborate?

Yes. Turn the jack on its side and place your thumb on the part that supports the car and your fingers on the part that rests on the ground. Attach a carbiner to the threaded rod and attach weight with chain and/or plate loading pin. You probably should not use this jack on your car after this due to the damage that it may sustain.

Brad

So you keep the jack from rising with your hand while counterweighting the handle? Sounds like it could work.

Actually, that is not what I had in mind. You pinch the the jack with the thumb and fingers in position that I described in the post above and then lift the weight off the floor. Before you lift, you adjust the jack to whatever wudth that you wish to train. Now, I am not quite following what you described but it sounds interesting. Could you elaborate?

This sounds like a very interesting idea. Brad, have you made this up yet? Anyone know what car jacks are going for these days?

And I think Squeeze was thinking more along the lines of a TTK, whereas this sounds more like the chunk... or whatever that adjustable blob is called.

Actually I was thinking of pinching the jack shut while using weights from the handle to alter the force with which the jack was trying to open a little more accurately than just pressing down on the handle. It could ramp up pinch strength, or it could just break the jack.

I just came in from the garage - it's easy to set it up, and easy to change the width - the problem is that my jack has like grooves in the top and bottom surfaces that make it too easy and not really a pinch. The idea seems like it will work pretty well if you can find the right jack with smooth surfaces or weld on better surfaces. I could even see how using this could help with "blob" work with some tapered pieces attached to the jack that could be easily adjusted.

Great idea with lots of potential!