2 Nails In 1 Bend?

bigbuffdan

Until recently I have left bending in the back of my mind. However, 3 weeks ago I decided to have my go at bending and see where I was at. I first wrapped up a 5 inch 3/16 crs piece nails in 4 seconds. I then took 2 5 inch pieces. Again, this was very easyt. Anyways, getting to the point, I have worked my way up to bending 2 4.5 inch crs nails (30 sec) together WOOHOO! :tongue

----

I would like to know why the hell I cant transfer this to 1/4 hrs bends. Also, are there any challegne bars that are available for weenie bends. Ex: bars under the strength of a yellow nail?

There are a couple of things that helped me master the 1/4" HRS.

Timber Ties probably helped me the most. These are the spiral 60D nails. Some are easier than others, so buy a couple of different types and try them out.

Also, try 1/4" carriage bolts. When these are easy, move up to grade 2 hex head bolts. Again, some of these are easier than others, so experiment with different brands.

If you can bend two 4.5" x 3/16" HRS together, you should be close to bending 7" x 1/4" HRS. You may have a technique problem. I prefer bending steel that is between 5.5" and 6", and I still find 7" stock a little awkward. Play with your technique a little, and maybe that will help you bend the 1/4" HRS.

thanks, I do find bars bigger than 6inches to be very awkward!! However, I am focusing more on my grip strength than on stuff in the gym right now. I am hoping for this summer to be the point where I greatly increase my bending.