Found Some Good Starter Nails

anson

Today I stopped by the Tractor Supply Co. and picked up a 5lb box of 40d polebarn nails for $7. They feel about as tough as 3/16" CRS. My 65 year old dad was able to bend em without much trouble. The bottom 2/3 of the nail is ring shanked- i'm gonna use em for warming up and teaching. I also found some tough G2s there, they have a funky little triangle on the head, maybe the aliens sent these down from the mothership-the poor fellas probably get restless hiding out on the dark side of the moon all day.

I've got some grade 5's with the triangle on the head. Possibly the same brand?

hey i want to be able to find some horseshoes...after seeing big steve and his ungodly strength with them, not to mention my idol bill pearl, i have wanted to twist some. can someone help me out with where to find them? im thinking country farm and trackter.

hey i want to be able to find some horseshoes...after seeing big steve and his ungodly strength with them, not to mention my idol bill pearl, i have wanted to twist some. can someone help me out with where to find them? im thinking country farm and trackter.

If you don't have a Tractor Supply store, look at most any feed store. They are cheap, and if you are human, one will last for a very long time.

Bball, i've only bent one, i'm trying out a new approach with bending- we'll see what happens!!

I knew it wouldn't be long!! hehe

Make sure to share Anson!! :rock

Help an old guy out!! :yikes

You will find it way too expensive to use new horseshoes (not to mention very tough) in everyday training. I recommend calling a vet, or horseshoer - ferrier, or anybody you can find with horses and ask for used ones. Just fine for training and they will give you a box full for free usually. Good luck and be careful. Use a towel on your leg or you can end up with a really bad bruise, at least I did. I am weaning myself away from any padding but its just like any other bending...takes time.