Attention All Mash Monster Participants

Bill Piche

I just received an MMG gripper back. The gripper box was not taped. It was a 2 day US Mail mailer. It was broken wide open. It's lucky the gripper did not fall out and become lost. My wife checked and because it was not taped, the insurance would not have covered it.

So, ALL MMG grippers MUST be taped in the box.

Thanks guys. :rock

Yeah, that box adhesive sucks. I've heard others say that it has popped open before even mailing it!

I deal with this problem on an everyday basis, since it's what I do.

It's just common sense to tape a box up; that adhesive strip that is on there is not 100% all of the time... never has been.

Wanna, I'm glad the gripper wasn't lost. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

My wife checked and because it was not taped, the insurance would not have covered it.

Whether that's "the way it is" or not, I think it is horse shit.

I don't own mailing tape to coat the outside of a gripper box. It isn't my fault if the box pops open. It's their fault.

I'll tape the box - don't get me wrong - but it isn't the senders responsibility to make the adhesive secure, it's the post office's.

-Jedd-

When you make a claim the post office requires you to turn in

the container it was mailed in.

If you do not have "Priority Mail" tape, every post office I've been

in either has it on the counter or a tape gun is available for the asking.

I have been through their claims process. :angry:

Better safe than sorry.

T!

I'll tape the box - don't get me wrong - but it isn't the senders responsibility to make the adhesive secure, it's the post office's.

-Jedd-

Jedd, that's not the post office's take on it. I'm just asking guys tape it anyway to make sure these puppies don't get lost. :)

The glue on those boxes sucks. I've set those aside before mailing and a day later before I sent it out found it had "popped" open. So, I have always put a strip of tape over the 2 day box sealed edge. Otherwise, I probably would not have done it myself if I had not noticed it popped open on a couple occasions.

-Jedd-

That's not the post office's take on it.

They have people attempt fraudulent claims everyday.

It is simple to insure an "empty box".....

T!

I was venting frustration of yet another bullshit corporate story.

Like I said, I'll wrap that box 50 times now that I know the adhesive sucks.

But you'd think they could make a freakin' box that has glue on it that works.

-Jedd-

But you'd think they could make a freakin' box that has glue on it that works.

I ship stuff for the company that I work for... that's my job.

You wouldn't believe the condition of the packages that I receive for the company. You name it, I've seen it.

Understandably, I get real nervous when I'm shipping something heavy (uh, like blobs). I came to the realization that these companies, whether it be UPS, FedEx or something else - don't care about the condition of the package... rather the time it gets to a certain destination or not.

So, it's really up to the sender to make sure about the condition of the box and to make sure whether or not it's contents are secure.

I'm almost certain that someone somewhere likes to play games like kickball, football, basketball and other high impact games with some packages that go through their facilities!! :tongue

100mph tape is the solution for just about all taping needs. :yikes Just don't let the adhesive side of the tape touch and bodyparts unless you want a crash course in hair removal.

• 2 years later...

Here's the final reminder for taking the necessary responsible steps required when shipping these grippers. Please make sure to pack the box too so the gripper does not float freely in the box.

Thanks everyone.

Wow, sorry for my bad attitude back in July of 2004.

Jedd, don't you just LOVE all those old posts from long, long ago?? :D Makes ya laugh (or cry depending on what the topic was at the time!). :)

Jedd, don't you just LOVE all those old posts from long, long ago?? :D Makes ya laugh (or cry depending on what the topic was at the time!). :)

Yeah I've read a lot from you Sybersnott about how you don't like IM .. oh and the good ole Rule just dedicated to you :D