Bending A Penny

milkbone

I have heard rumors of this, but never seen any documentation or proof of the feat. Has this ever been done? If so, who did it and when.

I'm pretty sure we all agreed before, this is not possible with modern coins. Old time strongmen may have done this with weaker metals, but I'm not aware of anyone who can currently do this.

I had heard a rumor a while back ago that some guy named Mike "The Destroyer" could do this. I looked at his web site and he does not mention it as something he does, so dunno. I am skeptical about this feat and believe it is more than likely performed as a magic trick rather than as a feat of strength.

I've seen Stanless Steel kink a penny. Wasn't much of a bend, and his fingers were shredded, but it was bent. No gimicks, no BS. As far as folding one completely over I'm not sure that's gonna happen.

I stand corrected. Perhaps a foreign coin is possible. Are there any that are larger than a penny but still made entirely of copper? Then it might be the same technique as a key bend.

Canadian pennies made of copper plated zinc, would this be easier ?

Not sure, is zinc softer than copper? Is there a metalurgist in the house?

Forgive me for categorizing it incorrectly. I just viewed it as a feat of pinch grip strength (fingers), but I guess bending may be more appropriate. :unsure

Edited by milkbone

I see it more as thumb strength so Wade would be my pick. Wrist strength doest come into play very much. (Tried it with plyers)

If it ever happens, My money would be on Pat. :cool

You mean, your money would be bent by Pat! :tongue

Has the edit function been taken away because now I can never go back to correct my French-Canadian based spelling :(