The Blob

OldGuy

Today for the first time ever I cracked the 50lb blob off the floor a couple of inches. This was surprising as I have not been training blobs or even pinch for some while. I think it is due to using daily, Big Steve McGranahan's giant iron therapy balls. They are working my hands like nothing before.

awesome old guy! thats an incredible feat for anyone.....do you know of anyone who might be willing to sell their blob, or maybe you would? pm me.....also, can you tell me about these therapy balls?

mossman, check the equipment forum

OldGuy, great job! Are you planning to focus on the Blob since you're so close?

I am resuming pinch and blob workouts encouraged by the benefits of the therapy balls. Once you have cracked a blob or plates or thickbar from the floor you are well on your way and know that a full lift will soon be possible.

Great job, Old Guy. Keep us posted.

-Jedd-

Hell yea! That is great news!

How have you been training with the balls?

-HH

What weight of balls do you use? I've got some 6lbers but never used them much. Perhaps I'll have to give them another try.

What weight of balls do you use? I've got some 6lbers but never used them much. Perhaps I'll have to give them another try.

My guess is they are 3lbs, remember you are rotating a pair of them in the palms.

Congratulations, OldGuy! I can't wait to hear of your soon-to-be full deadlift.

And just to set the record straight, OldGuy's fingers did NOT contact his thumb on the bottom of the Blob.

Edited by EricMilfeld

And just to set the record straight, OldGuy's fingers did NOT contact his thumb on the bottom of the Blob.

Maybe they did but there was no use of a hook grip during the attempt.

Congrats! I made my first attempt at a real blob a couple weeks ago so now i know from experience how hard it is to break it from the ground!

Congrats Old Guy! :rock

Lifting the blob is a great feat - I just increased my 30# block weight to 35# and it is quite the difference. And I have had my hand on a Blob before but that is as far as I got - just putting my hand on it! :D

I have the therapy balls from IM - the heavier pair - nothing the size of what you are rotating but you have certainly convinced me to break them out and start the rotations again.

Brett

Vise, Big Steve has a post in the selling forum with the steel balls for $15+shipping. Alternatively, you can get special olympic shot puts, which are 2 3/4" and 3lbs, but a pair of those runs around $40+shipping.

This site has 3lb and 3kg shots. I can't find the site I bought mine from but I really like my 6lbers with a little duct tape on them to increase friction. I can rotate them towards my thumb, but not the other direction.

http://www.trackoutlet.com/index.php/cPath/27

Edited by SqeezeMasterFlash

No, two at a time in the same hand

Not sure off hand, but I'd say between 3" and 3.5". They look about as big in my hand as the 6lb shots look in Brookfields hands in GMM. I've got 7 7/8" hands and they're definitely all I can handle. I have to get my digital camera back from my fiancee tonight so I'll post of pic of them in my hand as soon as I can.