Question About Underhand Bending

savagewood

When I start my bend my pinkie fingers are touching and after I have bent the bar a little it feels like my fingers are getting in the way. I usually just start the bend, reposition my hands a little further apart and then finish it up but sometimes I will lose an otherwise easy bend when I move my hands out. I have tried starting out with my hands a little farther apart but I don't feel as strong with the wider initial hand spacing. I just wanted to know if my technique is correct or should I practice being more confident starting with a wider hand spacing.

I'm not the underhand expert, but I'm thinking your lower arm position might be getting in the way. If you don't let your elbows spread out enough your pinkies will jam into each other. Uh, the other thing I think might help you is that when I bend underhand the first joing of my pinkies are not right next to each other, one is higher up and back farther. This gives me plenty of room. Hope that helps, there's better benders than me but I sat down and thought about what you said and I came up with those two possabilities