Idea For The Gripboard

Bill Piche

What about the idea of adding an articles forum so members can submit articles on grip training?

Let's see. 800-1000 words min. Must use proper sentences, that is, really bad English not acceptable. I should say really bad spelling such as using lower case fo all beginning words of a sentence.

:rock Sounds neat. How will the articles be sorted? Will other users be able to post comments?

Do not know. It's just an idea right now. On comments, no. We would not want to create a debate forum. ;)

Great Idea :rock

Be sure to put up Gorilla Hands' stuff, Rick Walker's article on rock lifting, and all the other great articles that are floating around on the board...

Any suggestions for guidelines besides what I stated in my other post?

Yes grip only please. Gripper training, thickbar, pinch, nail bending and the like. Personal insights, and what has worked for you.

Yes grip only please. Gripper training, thickbar, pinch, nail bending and the like. Personal insights, and what has worked for you.

Being careful to not mimic the "Workout Reports and Training Routine" forum

already in place

Another guideline would be "grip only" articles.

Wannagrip,

This sounds like a great opportunity for some experienced grip veterans to share the wealth of their experiences. As far as suggestions as to sorting; might I suggest that they be sorted much like they are in the GripBoard with a few additions: Bending, Pinching, Thickbar lifting, Gripper Specific, Hub, and Blob? Articles sorted by topic then alphabetical by author for quick and easy reference.

If undertaken this could be a fantastic library of grip knowledge.

-SMP

why not also us the search tool to help compile select posts under the appropriate category (i.e. thick bar, gripper. pinch, blobl, etc.). it would provide the best accumulation of grip-related material now tofay! ;)

Any suggestions for guidelines besides what I stated in my other post?

What about the use of pictures for demonstrations, like the pics that were used in the KTA program? (i.e., how to set a gripper)

the use of pics for instructional purposes seems like a great idea, as well as the rest of the forum, Wanna, I think the rules you mentioned above are perfect for the needs of the board

It is a very good idea. At least you won't have to waste time on the internet looking for grip articles. Plus you will know the quality of the material.

Being careful to not mimic the "Workout Reports and Training Routine" forum

already in place

Exactly. Articles will have to be actually articles. Not workout reports. etc

Would ANYBODY be allowed to submit an article? Even newbies can come up with interesting new techniques but at the same time if the article section fills up with a lot of junk then the whole section loses value. Perhaps members could pitch their idea to an admin? Or maybe if a member has reached a certain level of strength or has demonstrated an ability to write clear and interesting posts they could be granted article writing privilege?

If we make sure the articles section only has the best stuff in it then it would be more of an incentive for the best out there to participate.

Would ANYBODY be allowed to submit an article? Even newbies can come up with interesting new techniques but at the same time if the article section fills up with a lot of junk then the whole section loses value. Perhaps members could pitch their idea to an admin? Or maybe if a member has reached a certain level of strength or has demonstrated an ability to write clear and interesting posts they could be granted article writing privilege?

If we make sure the articles section only has the best stuff in it then it would be more of an incentive for the best out there to participate.

This would be a smart way to do it. As long as it is not too difficult

a process to get article writing privledges.

I don't like the idea of writing priviledges. It's no big loss reading a subpar article and just because you're not as strong as the next guy doesn't mean you don't have anything to contribute.

It doesn't matter who wrote it. All that matters is it's quality.

The moderators can read the submitted articles and decide if it's good or not.

or

The moderators can post the new article with a poll option. People can vote "Yea" or "Nay" after they read the article. If it's a waste of space it can be removed.

-HH

Well if thats the case it should be submitted with no name attached.