And So It Starts

Rick Walker

I started bending again a few days ago. I am starting to adapt to my high strongman workload and figured it was time to once again attempt to frighten some steel. :angry:

Those of you who know me, know that previously I was working on slim style bending. Well, tonight, that changed.

I went out to bend, and noticed some elbow tendonitis flaring up. That makes me mad when that happens as I am always pretty catious to rehab my hands and arms.

So, I decided to give the double overhead Terminator style a go. I tightened my back, brought the nail high and under my chin, and went to town. 3 timber ties, down the hatch-no pain.

3-grade 2 bolts. same result. Nice and easy. No tendonitis.

2-6" pieces of 1/4" HRS. U'd with realitive ease.

1-5.5" piece of 1/4" HRS. Oh yeah!

Time to test. Time to test how my pec is coming along and how far I could truly take this form. I did something stupid...I grabbed a 60d from the dust covered bag.

I wrapped it up, got my form set, got tight-and let er' rip.

Now, I did not give it my all cause I have to say I am still a bit catious of this pec. I am still timid. So, I went hard, but not real hard.

The result? I U'd that son-of-a-bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:laugh:laugh:) and quite frankly, it was easy.

Whats this mean? Well, I am once again changing my form. It isnt really a push style, more forcing down on the sides instead of the ends...I think. Not real sure. regardless, I am one happy bastard this evening and I stopped at that.

Now I have a 5 pound bag to take after as the weeks wear on. I will take it slow, but I now know I can handle the 60d again. :D

I dont intend on certifying, I just want to bend again, and bend for show. It is a good day.

60d

Rick Walker :rock

Great news Rick - and strong bending -

Have fun frightening some steel.

Brett

Great to hear of your progress Rick. Do you think spending some time bending strictly has helped this overhand strength develop?

I dont know.

It is freaking weird. I have NEVER, EVER bent a 60d that easy in my life. And, this is the same stock of 60s I had pre pec tear. Then, it was taking a good effort to put them down.

Who knows. Myabe all your videos Clay of AOBS have given me inspiration? :blink

Rick Walker :rock

Awesome. Keep it up and get that Red this year, Rick.

-Jedd-

It is a good day, Rick! I'm pleased to hear your road to recovery has a high speed limit.

It is freaking weird. I have NEVER, EVER bent a 60d that easy in my life. And, this is the same stock of 60s I had pre pec tear.

Maybe while you've been rehabbing your pec, you've really learned to focus on not using it, instead using more of that insane wrist/hand strength of yours.

Great to hear that you're recovery is going well :rock

He's Back.

Great way to make a comeback Bro.

Keep it up.

:bow:bow:bow