European Grip Championship 2004

Arne

I am very pleased to formally invite the 12 qualified competitors from England, Sweden, France, Switzerland and Germany to participate in the first European Grip Championship. I hope it will be a great competition.

Where? Central Löddeköpinge (situated approx. 15 km northwest of Lund), Skåne, southern Sweden.

When? Saturday 14th of August. Competition begins at 10.00 am so be there at least

9.00 am.

Airport? Copenhagen International Airport (Kastrup) is the best alternative, as there is excellent train connections, via the bridge across Öresund, to Lund.. I need information from every competitor on their expected arrival time. Please send me an e-mail with your travel details.

Hotel? Hotel Ibis (in Lund). Telephone +46 46313630; reservation number: G153172

I have reserved 15 double rooms. They cost around €55-60 each per night. A third person can be accommodated for an additional €10. The price does not include breakfast, which is around €6.

Please note the hotel rooms must be confirmed before the 14th of July!

Starting fee: €25

The events? Grippers

Two hand pinch

One inch diametre vertical bar

One inch diametre one hand lift

Unbraced bending

For details, please contact Mikael Siversson at: cardabiodon@iinet.net.au

Prizes? Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for the three best in each event. Gold, Silver and Bronze for the top three in the overall main title.

Entrance fee? For spectators there will be a 50 SEK entrance fee.

My address Arne Persson

Brynjevägen 19

S-246 34 Löddeköpinge

Sweden

Telephone/fax +46 46144965, Mobile: +46 708 182246

E-mail arne.person@nordicgym.se

I am very pleased to formally invite the 12 qualified competitors from England, Sweden, France, Switzerland and Germany to participate in the first European Grip Championship

Who are the 12 qualified competitors? I know a few of them but what is the final, official list?

Good luck to all the competitors!

Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

Thomas Becker (Germany)

Dean Bolt (England)

Erik Franz (Germany)

Steve Gardener (England)

David Horne (England)

David Hurzeler (Switzerland)

Kalle Lane (Sweden)

Jonas Svaren (Sweden)

Benny Wennberg (Sweden)

Jim Wylie (England)

Amaury (France)

have you guys ever felt like you were going to compete against Maurice Greene, Ato Boldon, Donovan Bailey in the olympics? that's more or less how I feel now :) .

I am looking forwad to meeting with (and competing against) you guys.

david

ps: shame you are not competing, Mikael (I guess that's because of your location), after all the work you did for the organizing.

Edited by the swiss

That is a damn good line up!

Yesterday was my first workout really since the British. I've just had 2 good injury flare-ups in a row. My back feels better now, but my shoulder/pec still feels sore, especially after yesterdays bending. Some more painkillers and a massage will do it good.

David,

I look forward to meeting you and of course everyone else. It WILL be a great time!!

One other correction to the line up, Jim Wylie will not be taking part.

David

JUST ONE CORRECTION TO THE ABOVE,DEAN BOLT COMES FROM WALES.

Sorry about that.