Pda Blobette

maidenfan

I'm trying to get an original blob, but I'm thinking the PDA Blobette might be a better option. Apparently you can load it to 68lbs? Is that with lead shot or is there a heavier media to use?

I have a Blobette - I really like it. I've loaded it as high as 46# and lifted it. So far, that's the best I've done. (it will load much higher, I just can't lift it). I use lead shot for mine. At 46#, there's still room for a lot more shot. I currently have it loaded to 30# and am using it to toss back and forth between hands. Next week the plan is to take it to 33# and keep the tossing reps the same - I'm trying for a little more endurance - then cycle back to strength and try to get up to 50# and a real Blob lift next time around.

Thanks. I ordered one this morning. Spendy, but I assume one would probably have to spend close to that to get the real thing now.

Old Guy

All I have to do with mine is take out the plug and hold it over something to catch the shot - now I can't get it all out because the plug sticks up into the body a little ways but enough comes out that it's not an issue.

I've never tried the blobette or the original. How close in feel are they? Is one tougher or easier than the other at similar weights?

• 1 month later...

Any updates here?

I'd really like to buy a blobette, since it seems unpossible for me to get an original BLOB here.

OTOH the blobette is loadable AND has the size of the original 50-blob so it's an ideal training tool for lifting the blob.

The main question is:

Are the surfaces of the blob and the PDA-blobette comparable considering the texture and the grip?

Thanks.

Thanx OldGuy! :happy

I guess its safe then to order one.

Shipping cost is low as the Blobette is light when empty. You will need to find something such as lead or steel shot to add weight to it.

Good to have you here OldGuy! :D

Can you tell me the approximate size of the aperture for filling in the lead shot.

Thanks again.

5/16" ~ 16mm.

I just ordered two of them. :trout

:help

Can't wait.

Will be shipped on thursday.

On the PDA site it says that the stainless steel version will be by far the cheapest over the lifetime of the product.

Anyone that agrees with that? Unless it is used outdoors I am not sure why the painted carbon steel version wouldn't last more or less forever.

Anyone that has the stainless steel version or some other comments about the two available materials?

Edited by nils

Are you buying two blobettes so that you can make a dumbbell?    :blink

What a crazy idea!!!! :D:D:D

Are you buying two blobettes so that you can make a dumbbell?    :blink

Never thought of this one. :laugh

Thats worth it: :bow

No, the second is for a friend of mine.

Wow, that was really a good one. :tongue

Now I have to change my pants, thanks.

Edited by FrankyBoy

• 2 weeks later...