Workout Suggestions

Fedaykin01

Can someone give some suggestions for a NEWB bender as far as workouts are concerned. Looking for one Volume workout and one intense workout.

I'm relatively new to bending so I won't attempt to offer definitive advice but here is my experience.

Volume is a very personal thing, when some of the guys here write about bending 40-50 nails in a session I get the shivers and start to feel ill. I can't even imagine doing that volume. For me volume work = 5-10 medium tough nails in a session.

Intensity is a little different, we can all bend different stuff but if its really hard for you then its an intense bend. I bend intense once a week and volume once a week, generally an intense session is a couple of easy warmup bends and then an attack on something I know I can just do and then a full blown effort on something which may or may not go down.

Anyway, my first tip for starting out is build up slowly over at least a month, bend lots of easy stuff and don't start attacking big nails and bolts too early, I got a little enthusiastic and kinked a few G2s early on but the downside was some nasty pains in my hands and a couple of weeks enforced rest.

Secondly, if it hurts STOP. Take some time off and come back again slowly.

Good luck, bending is horribly addictive :inno

Depends on what your max bend is. For a volume workout I'd say 20-30 bends that require about 30 seconds rest between each one. For an intense day I'd say 3-5 bends, progressively harder, trying to make the last bend a PR. Hope that helps.

personally don't understand putting so much imphasis on "volume" work seeing as its not really used in other area of strength. It does have some merit in toughening up your hands, but i feel too much of it just hurts your recovery for what counts, and thats high intensity bending. i think one bending day a week should be plenty. just my two cents.

Secondly, if it hurts STOP. Take some time off and come back again slowly.

I totally agree with this!

I know its hard to take a break, but it's better to take one by choice than a forced break ;)

I plan my training now so that I only have 2 bending days a week, before I was bending everyday and it started to hurt!

Since swapping to twice a week i've made a volume or hardness PR EVERY workout and my hands don't hurt anymore!