Ezgrips

zstan3

I saw these Ezgrips on this web siteEzgrips web site, I guess they go over just about and standard size dumbbell or barbel handle,to thicken the grip so you can eaisly incorpriate grip and forearm work while you go to gym and work out other parts of the body. I just wanted to know if any one here has used them and what you thought about them. thanks

ARGGGGHHHH!!!!! :whacked

sorry, I've never used them. But I thought up this idea on my own several weeks ago. I was drawing up ways to make the device out of PVC pipe. From the write-up given, it sounds like I was several years late though.

Well, for what it's worth, I think it's a great idea for those who don't have a home gym and/or adjustable thick bar. I go to a gym and there's only one thick bar and zero thick dumbbells. Thanks a lot for the link, I think I'm going to pick up a pair.

I bought the EZ Grips about a month ago. They will snap onto any standard dumbell or barbell very easy. They have a different feel about them and once you get used to it they work pretty well. On the exercises I used them on I had to drop the weight. But once used to them the weight shot back up. I use them for my wrist curl work and they sure can my forearms burn and I will fell the soreness for a day or two.

I live overseas and don't care for the shipping bill of the weight of a thick bar. The

EZ Grips is the next best choice. Are they as good as a true thick bar? Probably not but it is a close second. AND any dumbell or barbell can be used with EZ Grips.

I think they are worth the money.

Edited by Zevich

There are a number of companies that you can get a DB for that price or pretty close, though.

A more cost effective way to make your thickhandled dumbells is to go to your local Home Depot & buy closed cell foam pipe insulation, comes in 6 or 8ft pieces,also comes in different thicknes to fit different size pipes/bars. you can cut it witha razor knife. Its cheap.

Zevich, what is the quality like? I see that they are made by Ivanko, so imagine it's pretty good. I'm interested in them for dips because the increased diameter would allow more distribution of my 225lbs (+50 or more around my waist) and hopefully lower the pressure on the nerves in my hand. It's not a wimp/scared of the pain thing, it's a carpal tunnel, don't want to aggravate my condition thing. I could see myself using it for any sort of "pushing" movement. I wonder work s with pullups, rows, curls, and the like. Also, does it grip the bar well, or can it slip off?

Edited by ianders1

What's the diameter of the Ezgrips anyway... 2"? 2 1/2"?

Zevich, what is the quality like? I see that they are made by Ivanko, so imagine it's pretty good. I'm interested in them for dips because the increased diameter would allow more distribution of my 225lbs (+50 or more around my waist) and hopefully lower the pressure on the nerves in my hand. It's not a wimp/scared of the pain thing, it's a carpal tunnel, don't want to aggravate my condition thing. I could see myself using it for any sort of "pushing" movement. I wonder work s with pullups, rows, curls, and the like. Also, does it grip the bar well, or can it slip off?

You are right Ianders they are made by Ivanko and it is what you would expect of an Ivanko product. Good quality with no slippage on the bar. Once you snap it on it stays on. It is also grooved to fit the fingers.

I can't think of any muscle strengthening exercise that you can't use them on. I use them for hammer curls, wrist curls and dumbell overhead pressing. Like I said earlier you will have to drop weight in the beginning for a few sessions.

Because of molded finger grooves it can be squeezed pretty hard so you are getting two exercises done at once. The muscle group plus your grip. After hammer curls and wrist curls with the grips both hands and forearms are sizzled.

I wrap towels around my bar. Foam sounds like a better idea though.

i also use the towels too for thick bar b/c i am extremely cheap :tongue .

"It's not a wimp/scared of the pain thing"

(i can't figure out how to use the frigging

tool!!!!)

you gotta be able to tell the difference between dangerous pain and superficial pain. i got into a bad habit during high school football of ignoring pain. i eventually missed the season b/c i could barely get out of bed. i had a fracture in my spine, my arm, and a biceps tendon swolen to the limits of my shoulder capsule. superficial pain can be ignored (i.e. cuts, bruises, bar tearing apart shins during dl, etc.) but any tendon/joint pain is a big warning sign. try to do some pt to heal your wrists b/c they will only get worse in the future.

Edited by Vise