What Hand Gets The Point?

milkbone

I am partial to putting the pointed end of my nails im my right hand. I'm right handed so I guess this is why. I'm wondering if I should switch it up from time to time because usually after I bend I get pain in the webbing of my left hand (between thumb and index finger) and wonder if it is caused by the nail head?

Do you have a preference as to which hand gets the point and are you right or left handed?

I switch pretty regularly to make sure both hands get toughened equally.

I am the same way. The head of the nail always goes into my left hand. My hands have just sort of gotten used to this, so I haven't found a good reason for changing it.

I always put the point in my left hand. I am right handed and bend with the double underhand style. It just feels better this way for some strange reason.

I don't pay any attention at all - never thought much about it.

I'm w/ climber. It's just kind of a where ever it ends up, it ends up. Sometimes I'll even end up switching the ends around mid bend jsut for giggles. Couldn't tell you which was which, just re-adjusting grip.

I'm only using a hand towel to bend so I nip the last 1/4" of the point off and file it back to avoid doing a Jesus impersonation.

with bolts and nails I always put the head in my right hand and the thread or pointy end in my left. I bend over/under style