German Coc Meeting

FrankyBoy

Yesterday was a come-together of all german COCs

(Patrick Kohlmann, Erik Franz, Florian Kellersmann) and other gripper

maniacs from germany.

In total we were about 10 people who tried grippers, bend nails, the Rolling

Thunder and Clay Edgins Rolling Handle.

Before all the fun stuff I did my MMG0 certification with the #3 the Warren Tettings SM.

#3 close (2MB)

SM no-set close (5MB)

Then a young guy from Bochum, named Florian Kellersmann showed some

real strength in his attempts to my Mash Monster Replicas:

Close of a Replica of the MM1 (2MB) :whistel

Close of a Replica of the MM2 (1.6MB) :bow

Attempt on a Replica of the MM3 (2MB) :whacked

No one besides Flo could close this monster significantly over parallel.

For sure he is ready to climb the Mash Monster Pyramid of Crush.

Florian doing some no-set stuff:

SM No-Set Close (2.5MB)

No-Set Attempt of the GM (3MB)

Guess this attempt was just to late for him.

Thomas Becker, reigning german grip champion closes the SM no-set style:

SM No Set

Erik Franz attempt to no-set close a #3.

#3 No Set Attempt

If was a tremendous fun to meet the other guys and for sure we will

repeat this in the near future. Hope the grip sports gets some greater

attention here this way.

Are any of you German's invited to the 2004 European Championship? Have you had any contact with Arne Persson and/or David Horne?

Nice videos!

Good stuff!

When did you get those because I has asked Warren to NOT stamp grippers ala the Mash Monster format?

Also, the MMG2 doesn't look much different than the MMG1 from the video. So, all bets are off on the hardness of these replicas compared to the cert grippers. Describe the difference if you would?

Good thing we have to unbox on camera. Jeff Peterson, if you read this, can you tweak Warren yet again on this stamping of handles.

Warren will do what ever he wants if you ask him and pay him the right amount. Unless you want to pay him the money he could potentially lose by not being able to stamp what he wants on handles I doubt he stop doing it.

Warren will do what ever he wants if you ask him and pay him the right amount. Unless you want to pay him the money he could potentially lose by not being able to stamp what he wants on handles I doubt he stop doing it.

The interesting part is that the whole reason they are BUYING them SPECIFICALLY in the first place is due to the MM cert. He's the sole supplier. So, the MM has done nothing but increase his business because of the "demand" created by the MM. He would get the new business and $$$ regardless of HOW he stamped the handles if someone asked for gripper "close to" an MMG. :cool

I just don't want him stamping exactly the SAME as the MM cert grippers.

I don't think he's still doing it. I just wanted to confirm it.

Great Job Guys! Nice clear videos also! Very impressed with the method of no sets , two fingers to pull it closer, then clamp down, awesome! :rock Keep up the great work, looks like you guys have a good team for an International comp. Mike

I had asked Warren not to stamp the grippers like the MM grippers because people could try to confuse or cheat the system. he seemed fine with the idea. I realize he has the ability to stamp them however he wants but I thought there was an understanding that he wouldn't.

Are any of you German's invited to the 2004 European Championship? Have you had any contact with Arne Persson and/or David Horne?

Thomas Becker and Erik Franz, the first and second of the last german grip championship have been invited and will compete.

Good stuff!

When did you get those because I has asked Warren to NOT stamp grippers ala the Mash Monster format?

Also, the MMG2 doesn't look much different than the MMG1 from the video.  So, all bets are off on the hardness of these replicas compared to the cert grippers.  Describe the difference if you would?

Good thing we have to unbox on camera. Jeff Peterson, if you read this, can you tweak Warren yet again on this stamping of handles.

I ordered them back in March I guess.

Sorry again, that I missed that the original MM stamping shouldn't be used.

To be honest the replicas for MM1 and MM2 don't differ much in strength. The MM2 is only a bit harder. However the MM3 replica is so much harder than the MM1 or any other #3 we tried this afternoon. It's definately in the same league as my Elite.

(We have a few old #3s to compare it with, those single stamped that were delivered in plastic bags).

Awesome stuff guys! Thanks for the report.

Good stuff!

Also, the MMG2 doesn't look much different than the MMG1 from the video.  So, all bets are off on the hardness of these replicas compared to the cert grippers.  Describe the difference if you would?

I ordered them back in March I guess.

Sorry again, that I missed that the original MM stamping shouldn't be used.

To be honest the replicas for MM1 and MM2 don't differ much in strength. The MM2 is only a bit harder. However the MM3 replica is so much harder than the MM1 or any other #3 we tried this afternoon. It's definately in the same league as my Elite.

(We have a few old #3s to compare it with, those single stamped that were delivered in plastic bags).

The MMG3 is actually a Super Elite spring if I remember correctly. That's a .306 spring. A bigger spring than an Elite.

I think you may have only one of a couple replicas with exact stamping if it was back in March. So, Warrent must not be doing it anymore as requested.

Very good video shots by the way. Nice and clear on all aspects. Except the MMG3 one. That one looked like you set it to where it ended up at the end in the video as the set was blocked by the setting hand. :)

Great job guys! Did you happen to note how much everyone lifted on the RT and my rolling handle?

Great job guys!  Did you happen to note how much everyone lifted on the RT and my rolling handle?

Yeah, we did.

About 180 lbs on the RT and about 135 lbs on your RH.

It's a totally different feel to lift your handle, of course a result of the bearings.

For sure, we have to do more thick bar training in the future.

Good job Franky! :rock

By the way nice videos guys.

Those grippers got freakin' dominated.

Nice work on the footage.

-Jedd-