Congrats To Pat Povilaitis!

Roger LaPointe

Check out the latest issue of Kung Fu Magazine. On the Inside cover is a full page spread of Pat Povilaitis performing a feat of strength that is as intense as it gets. When you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.

The folks from Kung Fu Magazine were at my Night of Strength II event and were so impressed they took a ton of pictures. Pat blew them all away with his insane bending feats. Great job Pat!

Live Strong!

-Roger

I saw it first hand...and it was awesome to say the least.

Congrats Pat! :bow

Rick Walker :rock

Excellent bending Pat, and great exposure. Can't wait to see that stuff.

-Jedd-

About thirty minutes ago, I was at Borders and saw the magazine but didn't pick it up. Now I'll haffta go back and take a look-see. Hey, if I get an issue - do ya think Mr. Povilaitis will personally autograph it for me at the upcoming AOBS?? :happy

Very inspirational. Pat is a superb embassador for grip strength training. :rock

Congrats Pat

I will check it out tomorrow. I was fortunate enough to meet Pat at the Arnold this year and he is a gentleman and a great ambassador for strength and grip training.

Brett

Thanks all!

I saw a lot of amazing things that weekend.......and made some really good friends.

Hats off to Roger for making it happen :rock

Snott, of course I'll sign it if you don't mind my chicken scratch. Of course you have to sign Steve's copy of "Blade" magazine in return :D

Snott, of course I'll sign it if you don't mind my chicken scratch. Of course you have to sign Steve's copy of "Blade" magazine in return :D

You've got a deal! :D

Went by the bookstore today and got a copy. Awesome! :bow BTW, I went to the website and it seems to be down at the moment. I was thinking that they might have your pic there too.

Question for Roger: how 'bout making a poster of this pic?? :yikes

One more question for Roger: on page 21, there is an ad and photo for your Iron Padlocks. What is that and how do you use it? :)

Pat, good news to hear you're representing us all so well to the mainstream crowd.

I can't wait to hear of the impossible stuff you will do at AOBS! :rock

Sybersnott,

I'll talk to the folks at Kung Fu Magazine and see if I can have a poster made. It really is a great pic isnt it?

FYI, the Iron padlocks are also called block weights or scale weights and they were a big part of the acts of many of the Old Time Strongmen. I believe it was John Grunn Mark who could place a pair of 32 kg scale weights handle to handle and clean and press them. Check em' out here. I saw John Wood nearly snatch a pair of 20 kilo scale weights held handle to handle like this.

At Night of Strength II I also saw Heath Sexton lift one in each hand by wide pinching the bottom. Keep in mind that these are over five inches wide!

These scale weights have a resemblance to traditional martial arts tools called stone padlocks that the Shaolin Monks have been using for centuries. Atomic Athletic is the only place you can get them and let me tell you they are awesome. You can see a bunch of these in the pictures from NOS 2.

I'm working on a training course for Martial Arts exercises with the traditional stone padlocks and another course for Old Time Strongman exercises with the metal ones. They should be awesome when finished. Let me know if anyone has more questions.

Live Strong!

-Roger

:laugh Sounds like an invite to an Amway meeting... "I can't tell you what this business opportunity is, you just need to come and listen to this guy..."

I'll just assume he's bending something I couldn't and congratulate him on the publicity. :D

Edited by CMunger

Just got it!!!!!

It is not "Kung Fu" it is "Shaolin Kung Fu" magazine

Pat is in the inside cover from the NOSII, bending a horseshoe and holding a 70 lb Kettlebell in his teeth.

July Issue.

Pretty intense picture!!!

:rock