Some Bent Bars

mobsterone

Now that the British Grip Champs are over are you still bending on a regular basis Mob? What style do you prefer? Being that your are good at rear levering I would assume that a double underhand grip is comfortable for you.

Nice bends.

Steve want to seel some of those C. Bars?

Nah... I had to run out for week or almost 10 days befoe I was able to restock as it is. Besides I get mine from David Horne.

Well done Steve

Are the bars challenge bars or Stan Pykes bars.

Challenge bars cos they are what gets used on competion. For the other postee I am still training on them cos of the up coming Euopean championships and I favour over hand rather than underhand bends. I only train the weaver for competitions, otherwise not at all.

That's one mouth-watering little stash you've got their, Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update. Again with a warm up, using a coach bolt which takes about 175 kilos to bend, I equalled my competition poundage of 235 kilos. So, I feel, well on target for 260 kilos. This was after two hand pinch and vertical bar training.

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch, ouch ouch but, whether it liked it or not and even though I'm sure it took more than five minutes I just did my first 240 kilo C/bar!!

175 x 1, 230 x 1, 235 x 1 and 240 x 1!!

I guess that's pretty good, Steve.

:laugh

No sir, that's AWESOMELY GOOD!!! :rock

And it's even sweeter when the victory comes after a long, hard-fought battle, isn't it?

Inspired by earlier posts I had a great grip day today. In the am I did some pinch and v bar work. On the pinch I worked to 90.5 kilos (I'm awaiting delivery of DH adjustable pinch grip) and on the V-bar I worked to 125k with the left hand and 128.75 with the right.

Mid afternoon I did some gripper work and the left still needs work on the closes.

Finally, at about 8pm I did some C/bar work and did just 2 bars. a 175k bolt and a 245!! k bar - my first :D

Another new PB :D

It never gets easier but I have just bent my first ever 257.5 kilo / 567 + lbs bar. I started with an easy old bolt, struggled through a 245 kilo bar and then, with a bar I kinked the other day, felt I could go for it and so did a new PB.

At one point, with dents in my palms like Jesus's palms after the scars had healed, I though my hands were bleeding but it was a piece of red thread from my old MetRx towel - phew!

I'm getting kind of crazy in that I look forward to the cramping of my chest and frontal delts knowing I am working flat out. I am away this weekend for a glorified piss up / drinking brews session with the guys and gals from www.mickhart.com (they'll be about 40 or so of us) and have packed some nails as one or two want to have a go and will also pack a bolt and a 257.5 kilo bar. With the guys and gals watching and cheering me on I ought to be ok.

With about 7 weeks to go to the European I think I am well on target for the 260 kilos or so I said I wanted by the time of that meet. Man it would be soooo cool if I could do a red that weekend!!