New England Area Grip Enthusiasts?

ROBOHANDS

Curious to see how many people on this board are from the New England area? I am in Central Mass. and would be interested in putting together a small scale contest/barbeque in early August. Haven't seen any contests in this area and figured we could get an annual event rolling. Let me know if you are from the area, if you are interested, and what events you would like to see.

Curious to see how many people on this board are from the New England area? I am in Central Mass. and would be interested in putting together a small scale contest/barbeque in early August. Haven't seen any contests in this area and figured we could get an annual event rolling. Let me know if you are from the area, if you are interested, and what events you would like to see.

I know 2 people that will absolutely positively go :D

Do what I did. Coerce enough friends into going so that it will be worthwhile, then just hold the contest and see who comes.

Sorry I'm from Nova Scotia, but what would you hold as events in the contest?

I'm thinking of holding one here?

Sorry I'm from Nova Scotia, but what would you hold as events in the contest?

I'm thinking of holding one here?

I Would probably ask for public opinion, but what I would like to have is one event from each of the following disciplines:

Bending, crushing, pinch, fat bar, v-bar, and then one or two misc. events.

Tentative date right now will be August 7th, if any one has issues with that date let me know. Tom, I leave for a 2 week vacation in mid August, so it has to be earlier in the month. Hopefully you can still make it. Also, start throwing me some events you guys would like to see.

Also, start throwing me some events you guys would like to see.

grippers, bending, pinch, hub, and one hand deadlift olympic bar.

Rob's memory must be bad lately. In the past he has personally told me he loves thickbar type events.

I'd love to attend! At the moment, I'm one-handed, as a knuckle in my left hand has been giving me real problems for about a month now.

I've never trained a hub-style event. That should be thoroughly embarrassing. Come to think of it, with the Vigeants involved, every event should be thoroughly embarrassing! :bow

See you in Wusta!

I'd like to try them all!!! Dealing with an inury right now but Aug. 7th sounds good.

Even if I can't lift or grip I'd still like to go!!!

Is this going to happen? I've been known to commit to contests that don't happen and STILL did'nt get my money back.

Yes. It's on for August 7th at 1:00 pm. Small entrance fee ( to cover the food and Guinness Stout) payable when you get here. Directions and events to follow but anticipate the following: Grippers, RT, 1/4" square to bend, two-hand pinch, 2" V-bar, and as requested the one-arm OLY bar lift. I have about 8-10 people showing interest, all but a couple are grip guys, the others know the risks.

PM me to confirm if you can come and where you are coming from.

I'm not 100%, but I believe I'm going. I have only been grip training for a couple months now, so it will be interesting to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of late to this topic, but the TPS cookout is Aug 7, you guys can change the venue to TPS if you want, there will bee free food, dj, nonsense, and we already have a ton of grip stuff there. Let me know if there is any interest.

We can also schedule something in the winter if there is interest.

TPS is in Everett, 5 min from 93, 10 min from Mass Pike.

Kind of late to this topic, but the TPS cookout is Aug 7, you guys can change the venue to TPS if you want, there will bee free food, dj, nonsense, and we already have a ton of grip stuff there. Let me know if there is any interest.

We can also schedule something in the winter if there is interest.

TPS is in Everett, 5 min from 93, 10 min from Mass Pike.

That sounds like an awesome idea guys. Please keep me posted on this if it happens.

-Jedd-

Murph, a change of venue to the TPS cookout sounds fine to me. But with the events as planned a max of about 20 competitors should compete or else the time will get out of hand. We can always have the first three events be elimination events if there is a lot of interest. So all who plan to attend the NE Grip Wars plan on attending at TPS in Everett. Murph, I'll leave it to you to post directions or provide a link to your Website.

Talked to my sponsor at Kayem. We'll have tons of food, dj, etc for the cookout which is running at TPS the same day anyway, All free. Also working on two free kegs of Harpoon!!!!!!!!!!! Free food, free beer, what is better?

Let me know asap if the contest is moved to TPS. The cookout goes on regardless.

• 2 weeks later...