What Would You Get

GarytheDino

I have a some extra money this week from working alot of over time. Since I just started bending a few weeks ago what would be the best investment for less than $100?

I can't bend a 60d yet but think I'm close(I can kink it), and I know they vary in strength. I can get 1/4x7 crs but it takes around 30minutes with several rest breaks. The timber ties from Home Depot are easy for me. I've been getting way to crazy and plan on a week break because I can feel my wrists and hands need the break. It would be the perfect time to place an Ironmind order.

I'm thinking of getting the bundle of yellow and bundle of blue plus the hand pads that would run me about $50 or so and I can get a bucket of timber ties for $40 and still be in my budget.

Any ideas?

I bent my first wrench today but it was an easy one. The timber ties were hard today and hurt = need a break

cut down the timberties.

40ds

yellow nails from IM

FBB Co. has a benders bag for beginners and advanced. You could get one of those, and some extra bolts or round stock for a really decent price.

Why didn't I think to look there. Looks to be a good variety!!!

A grade 8 and horse shoe in the beginner bag...........ouch! They will keep me busy.

Thanks for the idea.

No problem Gary. Good luck with the benders bag! :mosher

A LOT of HRS and a bolt cutter. 

:rock

Eric,

Why do you suggest HRS instead of CRS? The CRS is easier for me to find. They are always out of HRS.

Gary

Are Fat Bastard and Ironmind using Hot Rolled?

HRS and CRS are weird terms. I think Ironmind uses CRS. I've had HRS that's easier than CRS and the other way around. I'd just get some nice bolt cutters and as much 1/4" stock as they have on hand, regardless of what kind of stock it is. a 30lb bucket of Timber Ties for volume work and warm up is a good idea too.