Ha! The #2 Has Fallen!

SGTFitts

Okay, I finally did it. I finished up my lifting yesterday with some squeezes on my CoC's. Trainer--felt like a sporting goods store model. #1--way easy. So I got down on the #2, chalked up and sqeezed the shit out of it. Imagine my surprise when I heard/felt those handles griiiiiiind... :rock

Okay, enough bragging. Now to work on consistency before tackling the #3...

Ryan

Congrats! I'm working on the same goal. I can come within a mm on good day.

Good luck with the #3!

Well done!

Good job!

What training do you feel has helped your progress the most?

Good job!!! Work on dominating the 2 before trying to crush the 3

Dude, what a great week you've had. Get out of that sesspool Iraq, and then mash the #2. No doubt this is a week that had generated some memories! I'm very happy for you.

W

Congratulations!

Onward to the next one! :rock

Thanks guys,

As far as training that's helped, the impromptu thick-bar training I did for a few weeks in Iraq helped a lot. That, and heavy exercise in general. I did squats that day, so I was pumped to the gills with aggression. That and I finally gripped with chalk again. I didn't have my chalk bag for the longest, but continued with my training out there.

As a side note on chalk, I am amazed at the main gym here at Ft. Polk. It actually has an Olympic-style chalk bowl on a stand, right next to the power rack. (and there's a trap bar right next to the rack! damn!)

Okay, back to the grind...

Ryan

Congrats!

good job on your #2...someone said the 3 wont be far behind...lol

i can OWN my 2 with either hand for multiple reps and no set closes ANYTIME of the day/night....and i still cant get my 3...im alittle over 1/4"

its way harder.

Yeah, I'm not quite ready for the three yet...

I can do singles on the two if I'm chalked up and set. Gotta work on OWNING that thing though. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine... :shifty

Ryan

does chalk help alot?

ive never tried, maybe i should get some for trying my 3?

when you dont chalk then chalk is it a big diff?

This is my first post to the grip board.

I started training with grippers about 3 months ago, I closed the No.1 on the first day but the No.2 is a very big step up! I closed it about a month after, I was addicted.

I then found out about KTA and ordered it, started straightaway and finished this week, I can now overcrush the No.2 and do several reps with it using both hands.

The No.3 is my next goal, I can crush it to about 1/4 of an inch away which is great for me.

I would like to thank everyone involved with the KTA and the gripboard, the program really helped me focus on the work needed to achieve my goals.

Has anyone got any tips for the No.3? Im planning to start the KTA again with the No.3 as my goal gripper. Before that im thinking of staying with the No.2 for a month, so I can really dominate it.

Simon

does chalk help alot?

ive never tried, maybe i should get some for trying my 3?

when you dont chalk then chalk is it a big diff?

Chalk makes all the difference. If you are going to do any serious gripping, then you need to invest in some. Eight blocks for about $12. And good job Sarge! :rock Edited by ROBOHANDS

Chalk kicks ass.

If I try a totally raw squeeze on the two, there's just a little slippage (usually as the knurling takes the first layer of skin off... :cry ) . However, the chalk eliminates any sweat or slippage and gives incredible purchase on the handles. I can grind the two's handles no prob if I'm chalked and warmed up.

Besides, chalk's good for any heavy pulling exercise you do. It's cheap and better than straps.

Ryan