Gripboard Movie Gallery Update

Bill Piche

Great job! That was some serious effort. Congrats!! :rock

great bend dude...

one question, i notice alot of guys doing that underhand technique....is it any easier that way? i tried it on stuff that I can bend and it aint too good on my hands.

And the crowd goes crazy! :tongue

Nice job Brett!! :bow

Edited by FbaLLPlaya_53

Inspiring determination, Brett!

5 Star Movie of a Grade 5

Thanks guys -

That is a sound effect - when I pop myself in the face! My buddy who filmed it added it when we burned it - :laugh

He nailed it when he put it in - perfect timing.

The underhand technique feels most powerful to me - it does put a good amount of stress on the wrists. Watching Dave Ostlund's bending made me realize I was getting away from my body and not putting all of my force into the bend. Play around with it - grip the nail VERY tightly at the start.

Watching myself bend was very educational - didn't like some of what I saw and have made a couple of minor changes that have helped.

This wasn't a great bend for me - I was using new wraps and couldn't stand on the ends of the towel like I normally do - a slightly looser wrap and just a different feel to the bend.

Thanks again

Brett

Nice work Brett ! Seems like you had a hard time crushing the sucker but kinked it fairly easily. It's quite the contrary for me. Have you tried the challenge bars ?

Amaury.

awsome...thanks for the video

Amaury - I do get stuck a bit if I don't get my initial kink to a certain point - so I actually had a fairly poor kink - I haven't tried any challenge bars yet.

Terminator - no teeth --- yet....

Thanks Dave and everyone...

Brett

Amaury - I do get stuck a bit if I don't get my initial kink to a certain point - so I actually had a fairly poor kink - I haven't tried any challenge bars yet.

Maybe you didn't spend enough time on the kink then ? :D

You should try the challenge bars, you should at least bend a 230kgs bar ! And it always cool to bend some big bad 5/16" steel ;)

I don't know what I am more amazed by, your awesome bend or that you were getting psyched up listening to Dexie's Midnight Runners!! :D:bow

Robohands - I wasn't sure if anyone was going to pick up on that or not- :laugh

I was at a friends house using his digital camera and was a bit at the mercy of the situation. But psyching up is an internal thing for me so it wasn't an issue.

Thanks Smitty.

Amaury - I will look into some challenge bars. And one of the things I learned from watching the bend was a problem with my initial kink - basically I was rotating my wrists slightly which made me lose the force going into the nail - a power leakage of sorts. G5s have been going much easier since this bend.

Brett

Thanks tmmicklabs.

Today I hit some bending after some low volume bending on Friday, Saturday and

Sunday- off Monday and today:

40d, 60d, 5.5" Grade 5, 6"Grade 5 x 5, 60d

The easiest 5.5"G5 yet and my first 5 G5's in a session - but the fifth one was the last one of the day - loads of fun.

Brett