How Much Money Do You Spend

GarytheDino

I just started bending and was wondering how much you guys spend per workout.

I would think this could get expensive. I was looking at the bag of nails and extra nails which run about 50 cents each and that's about what it costs to buy CRS and cut it down also. The timber ties I got were 13 cents each. Not sure on regular 60D's. Right now it only costs me less than a buck a workout. Once progressing up the ladder and more volume, and even to bolts, man that could get up to what..10 bucks or so. Tearing cards could get expensive at a buck a deck also. :whacked

It sure is fun so far though.

When I have stock I use 3-4 bars a workout so about £1.00-1.50 (2-3 bucks) a workout.

well, at the home depot I go to, 40D and 60D nails are like 5 or 10 cents each. And since i go thru 100 60Ds a workout, that is like 10 bucks.... J/K ive only done one in my life.... just get harder nails, not more that are easier.

Dan

The cheapest stock I have are my Fleet Farm 60D nails which come out to about 2.8 cents per bend. The most expensive things I bend are the thicker brass pieces which are about $2 per 6" piece. I've spent more in the last three months on bending stock than I want to think about. Probably several hundred dollars. Not only is bending one of the most physically painful things I do, but it's also one of the hardest things on my wallet. Right up there with my girlfriend. Both worth it though.

Big Steve once told me that he has had some $30 workouts before :ohmy

I guess I spend maybe $20-30 a month on bending supplies over the last couple of months. The cards I tear are 2/$1.00 so that isn't what kills me; it's when I want to drop some dough on challenge bars or buy a box of bolts.

60d nails at from Home Depot are $.06 a piece, and a 50lb box costs $20. A bender on a budget should invest in a 50lb box.

The bigger stuff is probably what is so expensive. Flying pans and long bars for scrolling.

I'm trying to make my horseshoes supplies last by not bending them so fast! (that's what i'm telling myself anyways...) 5 down, 4 to go!

I was just looking through some old receipts from where I buy my steel. Here's a few prices.

3/16" CRS Sq. - 12' for $1.93

1/4" Brass - 12' for $6.00

3/16" HRS - 20' for $1.16

1/4" CRS Sq. - 7' for $2.80

1/4" HRS - 20' for $2.16

Now most of these are before the price of steel stated jumping but the steel from here tests out almost indentical to IM nails. This is from a place that sells steel, not a hardware store. They cut everything to 10' lengths for free so it will fit in my van if I buy full length stock.

I think G5's are the most expensive part of my bending budget. I think I paid around $50 for the last box I bought. Nails are cheap.

$50 for a box of G5's? How many were in the box? 100-piece boxes of G5's are under $30 here.

It bugged me so much, I just called my girl to check the receipt. She said the 5's were 79 cents, and the 8's were the ones that were $1.19.

Dang, that's still not cheap. They're at least $.30 cheaper per bolt here!