mossman

im looking for help......lots of it by the looks of things. i have a goal of closing the #3 before my next birthday(march 28) i can only get it to parallel right now. i just got KTA today....i know some people will say that this is all i need, but i was wondering what else might be helpful? i train most everything, thick bar, bending, sledges, hub lifts, sandbags, and anvils. could some of the COC's here help me out please? :blush

tim :bow

Not training everything might help with your goal of closing the #3.

Hex weights or the blob

Strong thumb you need to develop the thumb by doing the blob or

hex weights.

When you use KTA it is recomended that you stop all other types of grip work except for grippers. Also you will be doing Dynamic/negative thumb work on KTA which you will need a TTK/Squeezer or a clamp

Yes Kyle102887

I agree with you but thumb work is the part of

the KTA program. Weather you use the blob or

Titan form ironmind use micro weigth like the

washers.

This may sound harsh, and abrupt, but look at my signature line, and this will ultimately help you the most in the long run.

just keep working at it....sometimes when you try to hard and to offton you go backwards.....but if you take a few days off you make gains.

and also i think as with other bodyparts your working...you need to feed your body right.

i would bet if one day your carb depleted and dehydrated oyu will do worse then if your carbed up and eating good. thats my .02

I think you are training to much different exercises if your goal is to close #3 gripper.You should focus on the grippers.

Does a soccerplayer who train ice-hockey gets better at soccer? :D

Dude as I've said to a few others here, I'm on the KTA with the same goal, Just do the program as it's written and work hard, don't worry about adding extra grip exercises, if you do the KTA hard you won't want to do other grip exercises anyway. :rock

Closing the #3 gripper is a dumb goal, trying to become a mash monster is much more meaningful... Just kidding, maybe :D

If i were you i would focus on grippers and pinching. And be creative ! Very strange things worked for me when i was training with the grippers :blink

I closed the 3 for my last KTA workout. I have decided not to get certified, the

accomplishment means more to me now than the IM cert. If I change my mind

and want to get certified I will train for the MM certification. KTA is a great program

for grippers, it helped me a lot.

why not get certified? you still have the accomplishment AND a coc cert.

when i get the 3 im gonna certify...im 1/4" away still....and i wont certify tell im fully consistent

I, not a standard result, achieved wild results from following KTA priciples mixed with block weights. Block weights blast total hand strength and build a solid base for gripper training. Mix the two, and you may (as I) have phenomenal results. I moved from the 1/4" on the 3 to man-handleing it over a 2 month period. You never know if it could work for you.

As otheres mentioned: Specific goal-oriented training is key. Focus on a goal, commit yourself to it, and you WILL achieve.

"You must believe before you can achieve".