Gripper Tools

Fedaykin01

What gripper tools do you think are a must have? Which ones give you the most "bang for your buck" so to speak? Any ways to make one for myself cheaper?

I think one grip tool that will give you the most bang for your buck is a full length thick bar. If you buy one from a steel supplier and have a welder weld some collars you should be able to get one for under 50 dollers. And the possibilities are endless with a thickbar: cleans, curls, deadlifts, pushpress, benchpress, ect.

Have to agree with danegarreau,

After using a thickbar (an offcut I got from A local steelworks)It Fits Perfectly up to the olympic plates.all other Grip Work Is easier.Depends on what Your Goals Are Though.

Dave

Try the Ivanko Super Gripper.

With a load of setting from 45 - 345lbs, it sure has alot of bang. It only goes for the cost of a regular gripper as well.

I got one recently and I'm very pleased with my progress. It lets you go up a couple pounds of resistance at a time, instead of the very large gaps in difficulty that you find with Ironmind and other such grippers. It has a large handle that allows you to pull with two hands to do one hand negatives. And on the lower settings, it's good for dynamic thumb work.

An adjustable pinch block is a great buy, like the Chunk or Groper. Wide pinch carries over to almost all other forms of grip strength. Sledgehammers are also cheap and effective.

Try the Ivanko Super Gripper.

With a load of setting from 45 - 345lbs, it sure has alot of bang. It only goes for the cost of a regular gripper as well.

I got one recently and I'm very pleased with my progress. It lets you go up a couple pounds of resistance at a time, instead of the very large gaps in difficulty that you find with Ironmind and other such grippers. It has a large handle that allows you to pull with two hands to do one hand negatives. And on the lower settings, it's good for dynamic thumb work.

I have to agree if I had to sell all my grip toys and I could only keep one it would be the ISG.

i havent used an ISG, but one thing that helps em alot is snad bags....i work alot on my grandpas farm, and in the summer we throw 110 lb bags around....well we try anyway :tongue but just holding the bag is a great grip/back exercise...i see what brooks kubik meant in his book about it

An adjustable pinch block is a great buy, like the Chunk or Groper. Wide pinch carries over to almost all other forms of grip strength. Sledgehammers are also cheap and effective.

Where can I get info on the Chunk or Groper?

Would the IM Rolling Thunder take the place of a thick bar? Easier to take to the gym, less expensive.

FStYle, you can get the chunk from http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/index.html

Personally i think having a full length thickbar and doing curls, rows, deadlifts, clean and presses will be alot better than just a rolling thunder. But a rolling thunder is defiantely better than nothing. If you don't have any kind of thick bar you could just try doing some onehanded deadlifts on a regular olympic barbell.

Get the Ivanko Super Gripper for crushing and make or buy a thick handle with a loading pin, that's about all you need.

For really cheap grip stuff try a home made pinch block out of a bit of wood and an eyebolt and a length of 2 1/2" pipe with a chain and loading pin.

These cost me a few bucks and while not as good as a full thickbar or RT they work my grip pretty well.

I also like kettlebells, not cheap but they can be used for so much they are worth it. I use them with my bit of pipe and a chain and also for swings presses etc.