Chest Crushing Grippers

f1perez

Does anyone here chest crush your grippers? And if so, does it help improve your nail bending strength? I would also think that it improves your chest and shoulder strength along with other stabilizers of the upper body.

i have been doing chest crushing with my coc3 and it has definatly helped i can do it for a couple of reps i would love to try it with a coc 4 but i have not got one ,be careful though the coc3 has slipped out of my palms and whacked me in the chest :blush leaving me with a nice bruise i think it definatly helped me get the blue try it can't hurt or can in my case :laugh

Chest crush'n grippers will help you alot with bending.Use the #4 & the BBWC.

Yes they will also help season your gripper :whistel

For where you're at, the gripper chest-crush is primarily a seasoning exercise. To paraphrase JB, "Nothing builds nail crushing strength like crushing nails". I believe he also recommends finding another means of getting the initial bend, either bracing, or using a vice, just so you can have a small number of nails to crush. In the end, it all comes down to half specific strength and half technique, technique being much more important for the new bender. Building raw strength is fine, but with out the understanding of how to focus it and use it, it's not going to do much to any nail.

Using the chest crush with a gripper will sort-of build some specific nail crushing strength, but it will only improve your gripper chest crushing technique. After you've gotten a firm understanding, then start to worry about your strength. Until then, stick with the nails.

Best of luck with your bending. :rock

First of all welcome back bender. I see your point, but I was just curious if anyone thought that chest cruching grippers would build a stronger base for bending nails. Kind of like a supplemental workout for the muscles involved in bending.

Once again welcome back.

Good to see you back on the board Eric!

Bending has helped my ability to chest crush grippers. A couple months ago when I was at Warren's he had a WC with choked up handles and it was really tough to chest crush. I was there last week and tried one of these WC's and slammed it shut. I still can't do the constellation though.

I'm closing in on being able to chest crush the #4 and it has improved the second stage of my bending.

Yes, close grippers until can not close a trainer. Start at WC and stop at trainer or the wal-mart mad man crusher. You will bruse your palm but you will be a crushing machine. A 90 degree bend will fear you!