Collars For Dls & Thick Db Training

odin

What collars do you suggest for DLs & thick DB training? I had a couple of the old-fashioned 2.5 kg ones that you tighten by hand, but dropped one and broke it. I hate the flimsy spring collars that you squeeze like a gripper.

Right now I am leaning towards the Eleiko Husker Collars I saw on the Sorinex website. Does anyone have experience with them? I also saw some collars on the PDA & IronMind websites that needed to be tightened with wrenches.

Thanks Oldguy, sorry about that. Can you elaborate a little on why you like the Ivanko 1.25lb Collar?

Odin

For my DBs, I had a buddy cut a piece of round stock that just fit over the DB (it was cut to about 3" long - I am not at home right now so am not 100% sure). Then, I had him punch a hole in it with a torch, then welded a 3/8" nut into the hole. Add a 1" bolt to the picture and away you go.

Thanks Oldguy, sorry about that. Can you elaborate a little on why you like the Ivanko 1.25lb Collar?

Several reason. They are well made, reasonably priced, easy to install and remove, take up little room on the bar, need no tools, do not damage bars, clamp on about 75% of the bar circumference instead of just 1 to 3 places as is the case with some other collars. I also use Ivanko Olympic spinlock collars. My second choice is using setscrew shaft collars available from McMasters for 6 or 7 dollars each.