Grade 5, 60d Non Twisted

Bob Lipinski

I have tried a few local hardware stores, but no luck. Anyone have an online source, or did they just find a good local place?

Go to Boltdepot.com for bolts. In MN Fleet farm sells 10lbs of 60D's for $4.50, or they sell 50lb boxes and the unit price is even cheaper. I haven't found any online source to be even close to this.

Smaller neighborhood hardware stores like ACE usually have them as well

I may add that in my experience, here in Ft. Lauderdale, that I have more than 4 Ace Hardwares in a small area, and they all vary in what they have in stock. So try a few and don't base what you find at one as common to them all. I can say that they have had the toughest 60D galvanized, and thickest, that I have found yet. Thicker than the Lowes and Home Depot 60D galvanized. One thing they do NOT have are the grade 8 6 inchers!! :angry: They all only had up to grade 8 4.5"......can anyone bend those??? I am curious. Ace also has a great store locator function on their main website, www.acehardware.com I think.

Mike

Thanks again. I found some nice 60d's after going to 4 or 5 different places. Still no grade 5's- Longest they had were 4 inch. Too much for me.

I think we all can identify with how poor our local hardware stores are unless you live near a Lowe's! Lowe's has been the only place where I can find every bolt I need at every length (including those hard to find 6" grade 8's) and they have TT's in stock on a regular basis. Unfortunately, the nearest to me is like 35 miles...

Im not sure if true value is a national chain or not but crs costs me 2.29 for 3ft. at home depot or lowes and for a 4ft. stick its 1.60 at true value.

Austin

Home depot did not have the 60d common brights. I went to quality farm and fleet, 2 home depots, and 4 small hardware stores before I found what I wanted. Unfortunately, the nearest Lowe's is farther than I feel like driving. I think one is coming to the area soon though.