Kta

gotenmyoou

Im on the first week of KTA and doing fine.

One question is can I do multiple sets of deadlifts & chins(with lifting strap)?

Just wondered since I don't want to get injured.

I wouldn't recommend it. I remember Bender commenting on his page about how he messed up his forearm doing double overhand deadlifts while on KTA. Also, the first week is nothing. Wait until you're well into the program before you decide if you're good to do those exercises.

I have always "trained" normally when doing KTA. You just have to be careful at first.

I think the answer to whether you should try deads at the moment is your all-around training goals. If you are a strongman or powerlifter, you should keep deadlifting. If not, then you can probably afford to not train it, since you won't be using it or its carryover in strength competition.

-Jedd-

The way I read your post is that you are using lifting straps. I would say yes. I used straps when my wrists were burned out on KTA. I have since stopped using the straps and am confortable doing both grip training and DeadLifting. If I get into a situation where I feel my wrists are overworked, I would definetly put the wrist straps back on.

dude I asked the same question when I started KTA, and I followed the KTA to the letter and continued heavy deadlifts, db snatches, and famer's walk, with no negative effects, I'm in phase two of KTA and the grip is going up.