What Exactly Defines "no Set" Crushing

tec

when I "no set" crush...I place the gripper in my hand with my opposite hand. However I do not close it at all with that hand...I just place it into the hand by holding the spring, then I let go and close it

is that considered no set?

Put the gripper on the ground then pick it up and close it with one hand.

No set is simply not using the non closing hand to help close the gripper. Some might be even stricter, and not even touch the gripper with the non closing hand.

Guest gripmaster316

That is a good question, I guess we are dealing with semantics here aren't we? A "set" seems to mean bringing the gripper handle in with the other hand or placing/adjusting the gripper with the non-gripping hand to fit the right spot. In answering your question in my opinion a "true" no-set would would be picking the gripper up with the gripping hand from the ground or a table adjust it with the gripping hand and proceed to close. This is very tough!

Edited by gripmaster316

That is a good question, I guess we are dealing with semantics here aren't we? A "set" seems to mean bringing the gripper handle in with the other hand or placing/adjusting the gripper with the non-gripping hand to fit the right spot. In answering your question in my opinion a "true" no-set would would be picking the gripper up with the gripping hand from the ground or a table adjust it with the gripping hand and proceed to close. This is very tough!

That's my definition too:

Grap it from a table at one handle and close it without touching with the

gripper other body parts or other things.

That's the may my no-set training looks like and thats the

way Warren requires for his certification.

I think the one handed rule is a good way to officiate a no set. In my training though I use your discription tec. Nothing that my single hand could do on it's own, just gets it on faster.

Yes, as long as you dont use the other hand to set it. :cool

You can check out my article on the no-set close and no-set training in the latest Iron Grip Magazine which should be out any time now.