Cheap Kettlebell Handle Design

apdwler

is that handle hollow alluminum? i'd worry about how sturdy this set-up is.

Hollow, but steel. I don't see it breaking, but you never know. I'm a little more consirned than I would be because of the trouble I had drilling it. Really needed a press...

I just revised the article including a link to your main page and a solution for the T issue.... Im going to use your plumbing idea for another project soon. :online

Edited by apdwler

i didn't come up with this, i just found this on the web by searching. i've built 2 of these and they work really good. the only thing i's do different is to make the 3/4" pipe 1/2" longer than the 1" pipe ( so it would be 3/4" X 6.5 "). i think you'll like it!

I loved the Kettleballs on the link --

http://geocities.com/briangl2002/kettlebell.htm

if any of you want to I thought I would add that you can usually get elbows (90 degree bends) in a two sizes. Meaning one end could be 1/2 inch and the other 1 inch or 1 inch to 2 inch. I am not sure what the max will be but you could do both kettle lifting and grip training by increasing the size of the handle. Of course you could put a larger piece of pipe around top handle too and it be like a rolling thunder. Hmmm .. I think I will make one with a big handle.