My Kta Experience

uppy

I have just completed the KTA program for the first time, and thought it may benefit others if I posted my experience. I have been training with IM grippers regularly for about 2 years. During this time, I had made some progress and tried every generic routine I could find on the internet. Some where decent, some sucked. Well my progress stalled for a few months and I realized that if I wanted to take it to the next level, something had to change. After several weeks of putting it off, I finally broke down one night(after a piss poor grip workout) and ordered the KTA program. I was skeptical, but had to do something different.

Prior to starting KTA, I could close the IM2 on good days, and barley miss it on bad days. Because of this, I made my first goal to master the 2. I studied the program for a few days before actually beginning it, making sure I understood the technical aspects, proper setup, ect. When I began the program I owned a IM T,1, 2, 3, and 4. After a several weeks on KTA I ordered a BB super advanced, super master, and elite. I ordered these to have for my second round of KTA, and actually did not use them during my first round of KTA.

Well, when I reached the recovery(or peaking phase) I was anxious to see where my strength was. I warmed up well, and worked up to the IM2. It was so easy that I actually looked to make sure I had the right gripper. I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas Morning. After closing the 2 for a few singles, I then picked the BB supermaster for my first ever attempt at it, and Closed it. I called my wife in to watch to make sure it was actually closed. It was. The BB felt a little different in my hand than the IM, maybe it was just in my head. I went on to complete 6 more singles with each hand. Not bad considering my original goal was to accomplish this with a lesser gripper. I then got cocky and picked up the IM3. It did not close, but was closer than I had ever been, and that gave me some confidence that my next time through KTA is going to put me REAL close.

One of the great things about KTA that seldom gets mentioned is that it adjusts to your strength level and to your goals. It is NOT a one-size-fits-all program. It is adjustable to each individual.

I have read every grip book in print, and have tried every workout in them. Nothing comes close to KTA in terms of results. That is just the simple truth.

My only regret is not getting on it sooner, because I almost feel that the last couple years of gripping was a waste.

Sorry this post got so long, but when I find something good I feel compelled to share it with others. I dont post that often but I am on the board every day, taking in information from others. Tonight, I thought it was my turn to share some of my information. Thanks for your time.

Nice post Uppy.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I might as well start the KTA program as soon

as possible.

That's awsome...congrats.

I'm in the middle of KTA phase 2 right now so I thought I'd share my observations.

Overall - great program. nicely builds on endurance and volume. You will feel weaker, but overall I think most trainees will get stronger by the end.

The principles are very flexible. For instance, I started this round of KTA with the goal of closing an IM #2 with both hands. I'm now able to close the #2 for singles fairly casually with my right hand. So I'm extending the goal for my right hand to be the SM. With the KTA framework, I just need to use a few different grippers on the right side to push toward the new goal. The best part is that I'm still able to pursue the #2 with the left side without any change in workout volume.

I'm also following the prohibition on training other aspects of hand strength very strictly, no matter how loudly the sledgehammer seems to be calling.

I think KTA is well worth the price. But like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. Follow it very closely at first even if you start to feel weak. Invest the 10 weeks and see if it works for you.

good luck,

Brian

But like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.

Exactly.

Thanks for the info about the program. I think I'm going to check this out!

What format does it come in? Is it an e-book with text and pictures, like I believe? Anything else in the KTA? (like movie clips, etc)

I also just completed the first phase of KTA and I couldn't agree more with the power of the program, it's awsome, I gained so much strenght, I don't know wether to continue for the IM#2 or start over and go for the #3

Good Job Man

Thanks for the info about the program. I think I'm going to check this out!

What format does it come in? Is it an e-book with text and pictures, like I believe? Anything else in the KTA? (like movie clips, etc)

See my signature at the bottom of this post. :D

Thanks, I answered my own questions shortly after I posted.

I just couldn't find the answer before among the pages and pages of positive feedback :happy