Ttk/squeezer

kyle102887

I am wondering what the pound ratio is on the TTK/Squeezer, I know the pound ratio is on the Gripanator is 4:1 which is 4lbs. for every 1lbs. you put on it. So I am wondering how much weight you are realy feeling when you put weight on it, I know the ratio is probably mor than 4:1. If anyone knows please help me out I am trying to find a weight to shoot for. :help

Nobody has any idea. Jeff Petterson have you ever asked Warren Tetting if he happens to know the pound ratio on his Squeezer.

Any TTK/squeezer device is essentially a lever. You can use some general science type math to figure out the theoretical ratio.

Here is an online encyclopedia article on Levers that will also provide the formulas you need to determine the mechanical advantage of the Lever.

You can also figure out the actual Ratio by placing a small known weight on the pin and adding weight to the flange until equilibrium is reached. Once you simplify the weights you have your ratio.

Take this into consideration that what I did to get a ratio is

pretty crude.

I put 20lbs on my TTK loading pin. I have a piece of round stock

that weighs 35lbs. I balanced that on the thumb plate. The 20lbs

on the loading pin did not move...

I added a 5lb plate on top of the round stock piece... The 20lb load

did not move.. 40lbs.

I added a 1 1/4 plate on top of the 5lb. plate..Ahhh a little bit of a teeter

on the 20lb load. added another 1 1/4 lb plate to the stack. The 20lb.

load went down...... 42.5lbs.

I did this on the floor by the way so as the test plates did not have

far to fall..

So a crude estimation with this method would be, 42.50lb moved the

20lb load on the loading pin

looks to me like a 2.125 : 1 ratio Any comments on the method??

Looks right to me Rick.

One other way that occured to me would be to use a spring scale (the kind you use to weigh fish in the field). Put some weight on the ttk and measure the upward force with the scale hooked on the flange.

zcor - that sounds like a good method - the only flaw that I can think of is the location of the weight on the thumb plate. Obviously you'll get a little more leverage at the tip of the plate, where you place your fingers/thumbs. I don't think this would account for much. Also, the bigger the plates on the loading pin, the greater the load. A 25lb oly plate should be somewhat harder than a standard 25lb plate. I'm not sure by how much, but it would probably be pretty significant with 45lb plates. Maybe I'll test some of my olympic plates tonight on my squeezer and see...

Also, what weights are you guys working with? If I remember correctly, I used 22.5lbs to work my fingers (thumbs down) and 17.5lbs to work my thumbs (thumbs on top) on my last workout. That's both hands at once. I'm shooting for 6-10 reps of 25/20lbs on those, tonight, but that might be a little too much.

zcor - that sounds like a good method - the only flaw that I can think of is the location of the weight on the thumb plate. Obviously you'll get a little more leverage at the tip of the plate, where you place your fingers/thumbs. I don't think this would account for much. Also, the bigger the plates on the loading pin, the greater the load. A 25lb oly plate should be somewhat harder than a standard 25lb plate. I'm not sure by how much, but it would probably be pretty significant with 45lb plates. Maybe I'll test some of my olympic plates tonight on my squeezer and see...

Yes I can see your point.......... I have the TTK that takes standard plates.

So what you are saying is, that with the olympic weight plate, it would

extend further from the lever arm creating a longer leverage arm therefor

needing more weight to move it on the finger and thumb end? Most likely giving

the olympic size plate a higher ratio

I can see that... give a post when you can on what you find out

On my Oly Squeezer, it took 27.5 lbs to lower a 10lb plate, so I guess a 2.75:1 ratio. I'm really suprised by the difference in ratio, but I guess it could be caused by an inch or less of a difference, I'd think.

I got my PR after all tonight 25x7 inverted, 20x9 thumbs up! That completely fried my grip though, so I just worked my extensors after that!

On my Oly Squeezer, it took 27.5 lbs to lower a 10lb plate, so I guess a 2.75:1 ratio. I'm really suprised by the difference in ratio, but I guess it could be caused by an inch or less of a difference, I'd think.

I got my PR after all tonight 25x7 inverted, 20x9 thumbs up! That completely fried my grip though, so I just worked my extensors after that!

That is interesting.... Maybe the Squeezer is made with a heavier gauge

metal as well. You know Tetting would want his equipment better than Ironminds :)

Are you doing negatives with it?

Yeah I was wondering this also do you do negatives with it, and how much weight can you do with one hand.

Guys - Yes, I do negatives, but I can't remember the weight - I think it was 30lbs or so. I'll see next time I work it - maybe on Sat. Also, I'll have to see about how much one handed, but thumbs up, I think I did 20lbs for 1 rep last Sunday.

As for the wall thickness, I have no idea, but it's definitely very sturdy and well-built.

I'll let you guys no my weights in a day or two.