Grip Work Before Bending

austinslater

Ive only been bending for a couple of weeks but I always do 3-5 sets of crush before starting bending. Im curious if others warm up there hands with other types of grip work or do you set up a day just for bending. Whats everyone experience with this? The grippers didnt seem to hurt my bending at all but again im new so who knows. Thanks for your input.

Austin :rock

I find that working legs...squats, jump rope..anything in the legs to get the blood moving really helps with the hands :blink

JasonL

Austin

I think once your bending with more volume and intensity then it will have an effect on your crush at least with soreness in the hands and wrists,but the body should adapt or die :D Then once adaptation takes place you will be in the land of the Beasts that are able to bend more often and still crush *3,s and above with ease.

Oh i forgot you can already crush *3,s with ease :blush better bring your bending up to suite then a buddy :D I wish you luck.

I've recently started training grippers again. I do them just prior to bending, with no ill effects on my bending ability.

I always work with my grippers first and foremost, and I have been able to make gains performing my bending afterwards. On the other hand, if I bend first, I am not able to perform well on the grippers. Another thing is that I rarely ever train to failure with the grippers, and my hands generally aren't worn out from crushing. They usually feel warmed up and ready to go for bending.

I used to do grippers and bending on the same day also.

I know do bending once a week and by itself.

I warmup with squats and some tricep exercises to get the blood flowing.

I usually just warm up with easy bends before I go into any effort. I usually use a handful of Timberties, or various hrs.

However, sometimes I make my strongest bends without any warm-up, right after regular training like JasonL mentioned.

Sledgehammers!

I do some light levering with sledges before I bend. A tight grip warms the hands up, but more important, the levering warms up my wrists.

As far as combining exercises.

I can't work crush real hard and then try to break bending PRs on the same day. On the other hand, if I'm doing a higher volume bending day, a crush workout doesn't affect that too much.

Might as well work the crush prior, buddy, 'casue you're not gonna get much done afterwards.

At least not in my experience, anyway.

-Jedd-