Question About Dynomometers

Sybersnott

The question I have is this: does anyone manufacture a dyno that goes to 400?

What if I get one that only goes to 300 only to find out I can go beyond that?? I think that the Jamar digital only goes to 300 and it is self-calibrating.

Help me out. I got the cash to get one and I want to get a really nice one!! :)

Must...not...click...REPORT...button....

Don't worry about going over 300. Even with two hands.

Sybersnot

If your going to the AOBS,ask PAT if he will take along his RB DYNO,i bet you cannot max that out,its probably the best built Dyno around and goes upto 150kilos.

I think, the baseline 300 is a good choice. There are also baseline dynamometers for pinch grip. Check this: http://www.bigsteel.iwarp.com/Articles2/Gr...th/Testing.html

http://www.wisdomking.com/line220086.html

Flo

I have Baseline 300 Lbs and I'm not satified with the quality. I also have Robert Barabans new pocketdynamometer and his dynamometer is ligthyear ahead of the Baseline or Jama dynamometers. The quality of Robert's pocketdynamometer is absolutely outstanding!

It's also very easy to cheat with the Baseline dynamometer.

I received Robert Barabans Hand Dyno yesterday. It is calibrated in kilos up to 120 which on this unit should exceed anyone I know. The quality is outstanding and so nicely done it is like a work of art..........RS

I received Robert Barabans Hand Dyno yesterday. It is calibrated in kilos up to 120 which on this unit should exceed anyone I know. The quality is outstanding and so nicely done it is like a work of art..........RS

Richard,

Please tell us how much you where able to sqeeze on the RB Dyno.

Eric "Bender" Godfried has on and was squeezing around 170lbs on his a few months ago.

My first "test" squeezes were at 80 kilos. This tester is a lot harder than other testing devices I have felt.RS

Richard, how much does he ask for his dyno? I might get it from him.

Oh, and if you could post some pics of it - thanks! :)

Seriously though, Snott, why are you looking for one that goes up to 400??

Mac, if you bothered to read the very first post in this thread, it would answer your question.

I am sure we all caught the suggestion that thought you might pull over 300 pounds snott - just its unlikely so i am guessing people discounted it :)

Didn't I read 125 kilo was highest squeeze by nathan holle? (275lbs) - might have been a while back of course.

Need to go some way to surpass one of the absolute best in the world, and by such a margin too.

Still good luck on your quest for the 'ultimate strength' :)

Snott,

I certainly DID read the first post, and, as per Brolly, my question still stands. You got some technique no-one else knows about?

Still, it WOULD be cool so see someone max out a Robert Barbaran Dynamometer.

Robert Baraban once told me that a 125k-130k squeeze on his dyno would equal a *4 close,so what will a 150k squeeze equal.

Not being funny snot but since Nathan Holle,Steve Gardner,Heath,Dave ,Clay,Gorilla,etc and a lot more are well above your level of crush but will not be maxing the RB Dyno anytime soon,like MAC says why you asking for a 400lbs dyno,just ATTENTION seeking or do you have a pet Gorilla in your basement you wanna test it on :D

Didn't I read 125 kilo was highest squeeze by nathan holle? (275lbs) - might have been a while back of course.

Need to go some way to surpass one of the absolute best in the world, and by such a margin too.

What type of dyno did Nathan use?? And didn't I read somewhere that Clay had set the world-record on a dyno?... at a contest or something?? :mellow

I'd like to get it and take it to the AOBS and test everyone there. I'm thinking Richard, Heath and John Wood could put a real hurt on it! :tongue

Snot

If you took the time to read some of the posts on the board, you would see that the RB Dynp was used by Nathan Holle and was also taken to last years AOBS :blush

It makes you wonder than how hard the dyno was that Hermann Goerner maxed out at 280. He squezed it so hard he bent the needle in place at 280. That was just a year or two before he died and at the time very sick and very weak compared to old that days of his youth.

Snot

If you took the time to read some of the posts on the board, you would see that the RB Dynp was used by Nathan Holle and was also taken to last years AOBS :blush

I said this about John in another thread. It's obvious now you are not reading very much and yet posting like you have. John, please read the forums before jumping off the dock. Thanks.

Snott,

Here are some pics on the RB Pocket Dyno.

Click Here

I received a flyer from Robert about this dynamometer last summer.

Very pricey.. I recall $375.00 plus shipping. If not exact, its' in the

neighborhood of $375

A costumer have just buy a new Robert Baraban Pocket Handdynamometer from me. Told me today that he has squeeze 87 kg with his left (weaker) hand. I think that is very good result. His right hand is right now recover after an injury. His name is Harry Persson and he lives far away in the northern Sweden close to the Finnish border. He has competed as a strongman.

Snot

I said this about John in another thread. It's obvious now you are not reading very much and yet posting like you have. John, please read the forums before jumping off the dock. Thanks.

Uh, I can't read EVERY thread here on the forum, and to ask again is not being redundant IMHO.

Cut me some slack.... :dry