Anybody Ever Tried Icing Their Hands?

Matt76

icing before your gripper workout?? I am just wondering b/c today my wrist was hurting pretty bad so I quit my workout and iced it instead. It doesn't hurt at all now. So I was thinking of icing before then having a good warm up like with dexterity balls then doing my gripper workout and icing again. Anybody ever tried this. If not I might be the first

I try to warm mine up before a work out I ice and cool them after bending workouts.

yeah but with the tendonitis heat just kills it. So I was thinking ice i'm going to try it maybe next workout if I have time. i'll make sure to have a proper warm up though afterwards

Contrast baths for your hands work the best before and after a workout. I do it so I can have a workout without chances of getting injured.

Matt, I'm not too sure if icing before a workout is a good idea because, for your hands to be at 100% you need to have a good amount of blood flowing into them.

Good luck with training. :rock

I've done this prior to my warmup. It felt good. I also take most of my showers with cold water. Very invigorating!

Theirs only one reason I ever take a cold shower, and it has to do with my wife :blush;)

Matt, even though its not typical to ice before a workout, if it works for you then keep at it.

I iced them for 4minutes then did dexterity balls for 2minutes my hands felt pretty good. No real pain so :rock did KTA