A Pr.......& How Far I Have To Go

John Beatty

Went out into the garage last night & as I've been doing for the last week or two, grabbed a 6" piece of 3/16 & bent it. Then just to see if I'd made any progress, grabbed a 7" piece of 1/4 CRS fron the FBBC stockpile for the Bender's bags. Wrapped it up & fairly quickly bent it/crushed it down. First time I've done it unbraced. Then, as I was feeling pretty good, I grabbed a 7" piece of 5/16 round. Got it warped, but that's as far as it would go.

Great job, John!! It sounds like someone is hooked! :rock

Nice work John!

Thanks guys! Played a bit today, did a 5" piece of 3/16 square & another 1/4 x 7 round. Both very quick. This bending stuff IS addictive. Still couldn't do anything to the 5/16" round.

If I were you I'd leave that 5/16" alone until you get to some shorter 1/4". The gap between 1/4" and 5/16" is really big.

I didn't realize the 5/6" x 7" was the red. I just thought I could go right to it. Did kink it, but it wasn't going too far. I'm going to work some shorted 1/4's next week after my hands heal.